• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT fan Controller problem--Sentry Lx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shotokun16

Registered
I was wondering for the people who own this controller do you guys have problems by maxing out the fans RPM. My scythe fan which can easily go 1900RPM, but when i connect this fan to the fan controller it can only go 1500rpm. If thats the case, i bet all my fans in my HAF 932 thats connected to the controller is at medium rate...Why cant i tweak my fan to 1900 RPM through this fan controller? i can only go 1500rpm??? WHY?

The Sentry LX has a max of 6W per channel, which limits the fan speed. To obtain higher fan speed you will need a fan controller that has greater wattage per channel. If you want to stay with a similar controller the NZXT Sentry 2 has 10W per channel. Other controllers may have more channels and upwards of 20W per channel, which is where you will see your full range of fan speed.

Oh really! hmmm so whats the point for a fan controller that doesnt reach its max settings? bleh!

The NZXT controllers are junk. They do look very cool but that's about it. Look to a Lamptron (thought you already bought the NZXT)
Lamptrons are really the industry standard for enthusiasts when it comes to fan controllers. They are very well built and they are not the heat generating resistor kind of controllers. They sorta turn your regular fans into PWM fans. Less power used, far less heat generated and you will like the build quality.

Back