• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Kraken x60 pump doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

red773

Hi everyone I recently purchased an NZXT Kraken x60. After installing it into my system my computer would crash so I loaded up my bios and my cpu as at 86 degrees. Then it shut off so I'm assuming its the thermal protection kicking in. I went to look at my cooler it seems that my pump is not working. As the liquid at the tip were the cpu cooler is was very hot and urge liquid near the rad very cold. I can't feel any movement in the tubing. I have everything pluged in and the led on the cooler lights up and the fans connected to it start to spin.

My cpu is an AMD FX 8320 and my motherboard is a MSI 970 gaming

I just solved my problem the fan control on the cpu fan plug was preventing the pump from working. I connected it to a regular fan head and it works fine.

I just solved my problem the fan control on the cpu fan plug was preventing the pump from working. I connected it to a regular fan head and it works fine.

And that's exactly why I asked where each connection was.

Glad you got it going :)

Back