• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nzxt s340 elite - where did you guys mount your reservoirs/pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epedizzle

Registered
Hey dudes long time tinkerer and lurker first time posting here be gentle :shock:

So I've been looking around a bit online for ideas on mounting a reservoir in the s340 elite case with a 280mm Rad upfront. The 280mm rad will finish up just a few mm short of the cable management bar making reservoir mounting inline with the bar ideal and sexy
However ....

My GFX card comes in at 297mm which puts it half way into the cable management bar. This leaves not much room to mount a res between them 35mm from gfx to radiator is what's left.
So mounting the size of say 220mm or similar size the whole way up it is out of the question but the preferable setup.

Looks like shortest 1080's are 269mm (msi) perhaps I can see how short the vega is �� But that's its an option get a 269mm card probably easiest solution if I want a bigger tank on the cable bar.

I could get a 1600ish mm reservoir above the GFX but it will be a much smaller capacity and imo not look as good.
Anyone got pics of their reservoir mountings in the s340 elite

My latest thinking is going a horizontal mount under the card along the basement there, can just flip the case to fill and bleed so no biggy. From what i understand and from my background in hydraulics the pump being even with the res* and not lower wont matter once its primed and has head pressure and flow? ofcourse the port on the cylinder would always be submerged. It would be lower during filling with the case on its side when bleeding etc.

something like this would work nicely with a horizontal resevoir mounting http://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-cooling/pumps/phobya-dc12/7490/phobya-dc12-260-12volt-pump?c=7277
coupled to http://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-...s/50mm-l/15256/phobya-balancer-250-black-matt

anyhow hope its not too incoherent I'm not the strongest writer ill throw in some pics of the rig atm on air and the space i'm working with.

Cheers!

Last edited:
A quick Google search shows most people are pulling the HDD bays and mounting them there.

I'm pretty sure drive cage is fixed there under the basement not home for a couple weeks to check.

Yeah I could drop a pump under there I guess if I had to, could you please link me one you found I haven't seen it in this case.

Yep now I'm with ya, there are no hd cages there on the elite they are under to floor of the case.
But yeah that's where I want to mount but the gfx is too intrusive, unless I go for short res above it as per 1st link, i also had this post and reddit and spoke to the dude with that build.

I think I'm going horizontal now I'll have to link my paint mock ups when I finish work.

Just be sure the Res feeds the pump directly or you can burn it out. (i.e. if you put the pump to the right the flow should be CCW in your pic.)

Oh yep that sad schematic is for left side pump only right hand mounting would require different hosing your right

And don't forget to add a nice drain valve.

Can't see the first original post from the OP. Odd....

There wasn't one for some reason. Just a title. vBulletin must have gotten confused and placed my reply as the first post. :shrug:

:( I'll have to re write it later makes no sense otherwise lol

copied from my post elsewhere, put more info here now its gone wtf??

Been looking around a bit online for ideas on mounting reservoir in the s340 elite case with a 280mm Rad upfront. The 280mm rad will finish up just a few mm short of the cable management bar making reservoir mounting inline with the bar ideal.

However ....

My GFX card comes in at 297mm which puts it half way into the cable management bar. This leaves not much room to mount a res between them 35mm from gfx to radiator is what's left.

So mounting the size of say 220mm or similar size the whole way up it is out of the question but the preferable setup.
Looks like shortest 1080's are 269mm (msi) perhaps I can see how short the vega is �� But that's an option get a 269mm card probably easiest solution if I want a bigger tank.

I could get a 1600ish mm reservoir above the GFX but it will be a much smaller capacity and imo not look as good.

Anyone got pics of their reservoir mountings in the s340 elite

Few pics for clarity
Cheers!

Last edited:
This is what I did for a while:

View attachment 191731

Granted it's not the elite, but should be about the same.

I just saw your rig, i currently have the issue of mounting my reservoir on the cable mannagement bar, I have space. I just wana know what screw did you use to mount the reservoir on the bar? It seems to be too small for my screws, thanks in advance!

I just saw your rig, i currently have the issue of mounting my reservoir on the cable mannagement bar, I have space. I just wana know what screw did you use to mount the reservoir on the bar? It seems to be too small for my screws, thanks in advance!
I used the ones that came with the res I got. If yours are too small, run over to a hardware store and find one with the same thread size just a larger head is what I would do.

I used the ones that came with the res I got. If yours are too small, run over to a hardware store and find one with the same thread size just a larger head is what I would do.

Actually the screws that came with my reservoirs, i have 2, are too big. It seems like i need a thin threaded screw... i have no idea what size that is, do you have a size reference? My other option is to mount it on the radiator but i wanted to utilize the hole on the bar...

Actually the screws that came with my reservoirs, i have 2, are too big. It seems like i need a thin threaded screw... i have no idea what size that is, do you have a size reference? My other option is to mount it on the radiator but i wanted to utilize the hole on the bar...
No idea on the thread size. Let's roll this the other way then: pull the bar and bring it and your mounting bracket to the hardware store. Mine just fit so I didn't have to worry about it at all o_O

Yep now I'm with ya, there are no hd cages there on the elite they are under to floor of the case.
But yeah that's where I want to mount but the gfx is too intrusive, unless I go for short res above it as per 1st link, i also had this post and reddit and spoke to the dude with that build.

I think I'm going horizontal now I'll have to link my paint mock ups when I finish work.

Graphics card is what makes mounting a full size reservoir in my case a no go. That and the PSU shroud. :(

Oh dang that is very nice!
I don't know if you mentioned it anywhere but would you mind telling me what Res and Pump you're using? I would like to attempt a recreation at that.

Back