• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Finished Custom loop in my S340 Elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epedizzle

Registered
link to album with the build progress Air / Cpu loop/ Cpu+Gpu loop Temps are great on both Cpu and GFX with a decent overclock
Fans are nearly silent

ryzen 1600x @4.0ghz - 52.5c Max Load
Gtx 1080 Gigabyte Xtreme WB - 2177mhZ / 5178Mhz - 48c Max Load

Not as clean as i would of liked in the end i think with some more 45/90 degree fittings better can be achieved
3/4 tubing is pretty big in this case and probably would go with 5/8 if i did it again.

Reservoir mounting was a pain i had to drill holes into the cable management bar to mount it sideways, originally i wanted to mount it between the GFX and Rad vertically but couldnt fit it with D5 pump base
Would of like the res mounted closer to the glass but cant make it with current fittings

Will do for now might tidy it up and re route some things in 6months when i drain it
onabyJz.jpg
VtwR2EW.jpg
FY5UZGl.jpg
e7vEjmz.jpg

ink to album with the build progress Air / Cpu loop/ Cpu+Gpu loop

so i wasnt too happy with how cramped it was in the middle or the loop order i ended up going with because i couldnt fit my original plan in.
Pump ---> GFX ---> 280mm Rad---> CPU ---> 120mm Rad---> Res

So i changed a few things around got my loop order i wanted and looks cleaner as well, dropped temps by 3-6 degrees in short testing too
new loop order Pump ---> GFX ---> 120mm Rad ---> CPU ---> 280mm Rad ---> Res

not sure what happened 1st time around but i couldnt manage the bends or something so i changed plans then it clicked to swap a couple things around and all good :screwy:

pcfinished1.jpg
pcfinished2.jpg

Im not sure if loop order doesnt matter or what.. i always was thinking like this:
Pump --> 280mm rad --> CPU --> GPU --> 120mm rad --> Pump

I dont no if you can do example this:

Pump --> 360mm rad --> 280mm rad --> CPU --> GPU --> Pump.

Ofc, never cross.

looks good for what you had to work in lol its cramped but looks great imho.

Question what the inside of your gpu block look like?? I went thru 2 of them both had what looked like bubble /pits in the block and spider cracks in the plexi top. I did see two others {not mine} that didnt have them. I ended up returning mine for a refund cause they couldnt find any without the issue.

looks good for what you had to work in lol its cramped but looks great imho.

Question what the inside of your gpu block look like?? I went thru 2 of them both had what looked like bubble /pits in the block and spider cracks in the plexi top. I did see two others {not mine} that didnt have them. I ended up returning mine for a refund cause they couldnt find any without the issue.

yeah man mine looks pretty flawless so far had it off a couple of time during building looked brand new

Looks good , the first pics I was like why did he take that path ?
Then then second set was almost how I was envisioning the path I would have taken .
good job . Any reason you mounted the second rad on the back Vs the Top (clearance) ? I think you could have gotten rid of that big bend after the gfx card .

Yeah the top can take 140 but it would hang down too low towards the CPU.

I didn't try flipping then 120mm around and having ports at the top, could of helped something to look at next drain anyway

Back