• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED NZXT Sentry 2 no power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nick347b

I just switched out my Aerocool Touch-1000 for an NZXT Sentry 2. It has more features and looks nicer. I installed the Sentry 2 and the wiring exactly how the Aerocool was set up. But when I turn my computer on... the Sentry 2 dead, there's no power. I checked the power wires and everything is in place. It's brand new and I doubt it's defective. What might be the problem?

Last edited:
if you touch the 2 pins that the power switch plugs into with a screw driver does it turn on ?

those pins where you pluged the little black connectors ( that come from your case ) . put a screw driver between the 2 pins for the power switch

I am so confused now. I was pulling a bundle of wires out so I could inspect them, and the LED fans, which are powered through the controller, flickered a few times indicating something between the molex and PSU might have come loose. But, I then tried plugging in the old controller and it worked fine. So now I can't directly tell which of the two problems it is.

Probably a bad controller. It's entirely possible to get a bad one out of the box.

I am so confused now. I was pulling a bundle of wires out so I could inspect them, and the LED fans, which are powered through the controller, flickered a few times indicating something between the molex and PSU might have come loose. But, I then tried plugging in the old controller and it worked fine. So now I can't directly tell which of the two problems it is.

You pulled wires with power applied?:bang head Ack. Tell me you didn't do that......... How old are you?

You pulled wires with power applied?:bang head Ack. Tell me you didn't do that......... How old are you?
I misspoke... I moved them slightly and carefully so I could see one of the connectors. The wires were already hanging out a little bit from before I turned it on. I would never actually pull or tug on them.

I figured it out... the flicker happens when I move the power chord near the back of the controller. I'm gonna turn off my computer and secure the wires. Thanks for the help.

Back