• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE [O/C] Corsair A70 Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

After reviewing the H50 and H70 low cost liquid cooling solutions that Corsair is selling, I became curious about how well their other cooling solutions perform. Besides the above mentioned units, Corsair is also selling the A50 and A70 tower style heat sinks. The A50 seems to be budgeted at the lower end of the premium cooling scene and the A70 looks like it is being marketed more at the high end scene, in competition with the likes of Thermalright, Prolimatech and Noctua.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Max rpm constantly

I have a friend who got this heat sink, he has a problem though. It is always at max rpm. He is running window 7, apparently there is something he needs to buy, is there anyway you guys can help me help him perhaps? I would buy the heat sink as long as that max rpm is actually not an issue. Thanks everyone :cool:

Your friend should have had 2 inline resistor connectors come with his heatsink. Just plug the fan into the resistor connector and then plug that into the fan header on the mobo. The resistor connector looks something like a wire extender.

Thank you, Matt. Yes, that's what I paid for it when I bought it for testing. And I bought it from Newegg too. A pretty nice heatsink for the price. And while I didn't test it, the AMD mounting system looks to be pretty good too. I like the fact that they use the stock AMD RM, which means an easy and quick cooling upgrade without having to remove the mobo for the AMD guys.:thup:

Nice review - do you have the numbers saved from each run out of the three as well?

Seeing all the underlying data is always nice :p

I've just put one of these on my APU - the AMD mounting is quite straightforward, and I have gone from ~65C under 100% load to ~33 C under 100% load (stock cooler, A70, respectively).

However, because of the way the lugs face on my Biostar A75MH, the fans point up the way. This isn't an issue for me, because I have two 120 mm fans in the top of the case anyway, but might be a bit of a pain for people who don't, unless of course the PSU has a fan on the bottom.

Old thread, but wanted to say thanks for the write-up. Corsair really needs to fix that quick-start manual. I had no clue what to do with the rubber washers, and totally screwed up my temps when I did the 'pea in center' method. Re-applying the TIM directly on the heatpipes reduced my IBT temps by 5C.

Last edited:
Back