• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]MSI 890GXM-G65 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

MSI 890GXM-G65 Review
by sno.lcn

It's been a while since AMD introduced a new chipset. The 890GX-SB850 has several new features, including USB 3.0, SATA 3, 6-core CPU support, and upgraded integrated graphics with DirectX 10.1 support. MSI is getting into the 890GX game immediately, and has sent me their 890GXM-G65 for testing. Though the 890GXM-G65 is part of MSI's "Gaming Series," here I'll be testing it in an HTPC setting.

01_BoxFront-300x224.jpg

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
So how did you get this board and I didn't :D

JK, waiting for the FX to come out with thuban.

I've already mentioned it on Facebook Sno, but I really like seeing this ready right alongside the AMD press release. :) Nice work!

Thanks for the review.. I have never.. ever.. gone with an AMD processor, however with other board manufacturers dragging their feet with SATA III support for Intel based Micro-ATX form factor, this might be the ticket to try AMD for once. Its a new day after all.

hey people...
i hv one problem n i need to know to whats the real cause.
i hv same board with phenom2 x6 1090t BE with a stock cooler,so the problem is on normal my cpu's temperature is between 48-52 degree celsius,and when i try to run any game like crysis my cpu's temp. goes upto 102-108 degree celsius and then my system gets shut down automatically.
so i want to ask whats the real cause:
1. is there any problem with cooler.?
2. or my motherboard?
please answer guys
thnk you

and i'm not overclocking it... so why that much cpu temperature, please help.
thnk you

and also thats a stock cooler and i have heard that many faced the problem regarding the cooler(stock one)
are you sure that mobo is not the problem?

mounted properly. anyother problem??
may be cooler is defective now or its not working properly.
so what you say?

i got hyper TX3 :D
and my temps:
1. normal load=17-19 degree C....
2. heavy load like when i run crysis=24-26 degree C.

no overclocked 1090t :D
thnk you..

Back