• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion: Quarl's Texture Pack 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
...Suppositly he is coming out with a QTP 3 for lower end video cards too....
Yeah, have been waiting on a lower end version of it for some time now. Would be awesome.

LegolasElf said:
Well we started off with QTP II but then i went off talking about QTP III :beer: hehehe sorry meit :beer:

No don't be sorry! I'm an eye candy/detail freak, and you steering me away from II to III is like a HUGE difference! I just gotta say thanks because I'm actually playing through Oblivion again :D

Now just to find a way to download it without waiting forever in line !

Ahhh, the beauty of the 8800GTX powering a dell 24007wfp @ max resolution of 1920x1200 with all the setting maxed running 60fps solid, you can't really beat that. Well sli 8800GTX on a dell 3007wfp. That is about it. But still i am going to do the mod just to get the better textures.

OCnewbee said:
Ahhh, the beauty of the 8800GTX powering a dell 24007wfp @ max resolution of 1920x1200 with all the setting maxed running 60fps solid, you can't really beat that. Well sli 8800GTX on a dell 3007wfp. That is about it. But still i am going to do the mod just to get the better textures.

Even with only a X2?

Hazaro said:
Haha, and they aren't Black Pearls either... How dare you :rolleyes:

Well actually, I'm asking because I face the deliema right now of going back to X2/DC Opteron or Conroe. Dual Core A64 will be cheaper but I'm trying to figure out if the performance upgrade won't be worth it. I'm just amazed that it helps out with a 8800 in there.

OCnewbee said:

Exactly its great :) Even though I have a 2900XT :)

At this res yes CPU Power does play since the game is heavy on CPU resoruces fro the 1.2-1.5 of the cores that it uses. All the more helps expecially in larger area's with lots of items.

ziggo0 said:
Even with only a X2?

AMD 64 4800+X2 stock clock of 2.4ghz. But i have asked people with C2D oc'ed and even they are hitting a max 0f 64fps, the game in general runs around 60-64fps, turn off v-sync and man it launches up to 100+ i will post the fraps logs that i took.

Yeah, I realize that at higher resolutions that the GPU becomes the bottleneck as where as the CPU is a bottleneck at much lower resolutions (i.e. 1024x768). I'm asking because I have a 144 @ 2.8 and I'm fairly confident in my assumption that at 1680x1050 that the X2 and/or DC Opty will fair higher FPS due to being a faster/dual core CPU than my 144. Just trying to justify spending money I don't have to spend :D

deathman20 said:
Have you tweaked the INI file for more multi threading?

The only think i tweaked in the ini file is the fonts for the DarkUI mod. Thats all, i will run fraps after work when i get home with v-sync on and off and post it up.

Hazaro said:
You can make it use 2 cores?! :eek:

Yeah it is called the dualcore optimizer from amd. Very Nice, I like.

So i was a little off. Here are the fraps logs as promised

V-sync off
Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
39248 508554 0 877 77.176

V-sync on
Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
31686 622502 0 64 50.901

Not bad for a stock clock 4800+ X2 and a single 8800GTX @ 1920x1200 res. I think it is time to get that second 8800GTX and thow these babys in SLI. I know for a fact that on my dell2007wfp a native res of 1680x1050 i was pushing 64fps normally, i guess the higher res kille the FPS. O well looks awsome and runs great.

OCnewbee said:
Yeah it is called the dualcore optimizer from amd. Very Nice, I like.

The so called dual core optimizer is nothing other than a little registery and program fix so Windows will utilites AMD's dual cores properly when scheduling tasks.

Its just an overall thing within the INI file that you can increase multithreading instances for physics and such so it will offload more onto the second CPU. In rare cases I've seen it use 50% of the second core most of the time it hovers aroune 10-15% on the other core.

Back