• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion: Quarl's Texture Pack 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
The so called dual core optimizer is nothing other than a little registery and program fix so Windows will utilites AMD's dual cores properly when scheduling tasks.

Its just an overall thing within the INI file that you can increase multithreading instances for physics and such so it will offload more onto the second CPU. In rare cases I've seen it use 50% of the second core most of the time it hovers aroune 10-15% on the other core.

Got it.:)

EDIT: Nevermind I think I downloaded the 1.3 patch instead of the entire 2gb zip file. I R TeH Retarted!1!

I downloaded this today and cant seem to get it to work. I dumped it in my C:\Bethesda\Oblivion\data file and when I choose data files in the launcher it isnt there. I loaded the game up but it's not running. same graphics.

I tried using the file date changer thinking maybe it was the 1.2 patch or something and that didnt do anything either. How are you guys getting this to run?

Last edited:
Inceptor said:
EDIT: Nevermind I think I downloaded the 1.3 patch instead of the entire 2gb zip file. I R TeH Retarted!1!

I downloaded this today and cant seem to get it to work. I dumped it in my C:\Bethesda\Oblivion\data file and when I choose data files in the launcher it isnt there. I loaded the game up but it's not running. same graphics.

I tried using the file date changer thinking maybe it was the 1.2 patch or something and that didnt do anything either. How are you guys getting this to run?
Works for me. Like the last post said download the oblivion mod manager and follow the installation instructions in the qarls tp3 readme. It looks pretty awesome but the load times outdoors are atrocious. I wish I had a raptor 150.

raid 0 also does the trick to cut loading times....with QTP v3 and raid i had the same loading times as vanilla oblivion....
I ran TP v3 along with a load of other visual mods....the omod manager told me if there were any conflicts....
mods used included - Quarls TP v3, Better Water, Improved Doors Trees and Flora, Better Night Sky, multiple LOD improvement mods, Better Grass with no tiling, High Res Book Jackets, and of course BTMod :D
to name but a few :p

I'd love to know the rest of the best graphics improving mods out there. Then I can play through oblivion again when I get a next gen card and be like "wow":bday: I'll probably grab a new hard drive too as soon as seagate makes a 10,000 rpm perp next gen mega hd.

Looks like a new hard drive is unnecessary. I used a performance tip I found in a guide to increase the amount of ram used by the game to cut down on loading. If you have 2 gigs go into your oblivion ini. file and do this

iPreloadSizeLimit=262144000

No more annoying stuttering. Man the more I play with this mod the more I'm amazed by it. Get it now.

wow that looks really good...I may have to reinstall it & play again with that nice texture mod...

btw anyone have a good link for this nude patch? :bday: :clap:

thanks

Bump for a really great mod. If you haven't tried it just please do it if you're card can take it. I'm not proud of this but I admit I expected something amateurish being a home made mod and all. This mod makes almost the entire game so much more beautiful. I beat it along time ago but I can't stop walking all over the world just to see all of the new graphics. This is what oblivion was meant to be. Remember to get qarl's texture pack 3, the latest. You'll be glad you did:clap:

Back