• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Obsidian 700D with H100 or H80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raphaelmsx

Hi guys.

I just bought a Corsair 700D case (same as 800D but without hot-swap drive bays and windowed side panel).

This is for a new build, based around either Phenom X6 1100T or FX-8120.

My question concerns only about cpu cooling.

I am planning to buy a Corsair H80 or H100.

This will be my first water-cooled build, I don't want to go full-blown with radiators, pumps, fluid, etc right now, those coolers are fine for me.

For the H100, I pretend to do push-pull configuration with four Silverstone AP121 fans, is this a good choice of fans? Are they quiet?

Should I mount the H100 as intake or exhaust? And what about the other case fans?

And what about the third 120mm fan mount on the top of the case, should I install another fan there (exhaust or intake?), or just leave it empty?

And if I choose to go with the H80, I will certainly install 3 fans on the top of the case, but regarding both the H80 and the other case fans, which ones should be exhaust and which ones intake?

Thanks. :)

Back