• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(OC) i7 920 + GA-EX58-UD5 + OCZ3P1333LV12GS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andreconde

Hi guys,

My first post around here and I would like to ask for some help.
This is the first time I'm trying to overclock and would need advise.

My specs:
Corsair TX650 PSU
i7 920 (D0) + Corsair H50
GA-EX58-UD5
OCZ3P1333LV12GS (6x2GB, 1333MHz, CL7, 1.65V)

How much can I overclock the i7 to (with these specs)?
I don't have a clue how to overclock so... would someone be kind enough to provide me with the how to do it with these specs?

Everything I find is regarding RAM with higher clocks and higher PSUs so I don't really know if going the route I've seen somewhere else would be advisable.

Thanks in advance.

The BIOS options are very similar on both the Extreme and UD5 boards, so much so that the settings provided in the Extreme *.pdf I linked to can easily be transferred over to the UD5 BIOS.

The BIOS options are very similar on both the Extreme and UD5 boards, so much so that the settings provided in the Extreme *.pdf I linked to can easily be transferred over to the UD5 BIOS.

Oh yes I understand they are similar, and the guide has been useful to me. I was thinking more of the EZ SHARE bios file that they provided for a stable 4ghz overclock this would have been a nice quick way to overclock just by loading in the profile. I thought the boards were similar enough that the bios settings file they gave would work, but it just says invalid data when I load it in the bios. I know it may have required a little tinkering due to every chips slight voltage uniqueness but I've often wondered why no-one is sharing the EZ SHARE bios files to help out those who share hardware configurations and cant understand all the settings involved.

Back