• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC XP2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well this seems to be the best I can manage, was able to go up to 192fsb with the new bios flash but wasnt stable at all, runs well at 189 but will blue screen once in a while and at 187 altough not orthos stable, it hasnt let me down. Been playing call of duty 2 for long periods without faults. Since upgrading bios I cant turn memory timings down i used to run 2 3 2 6 now my lowest options are 2 3 4 8.

Attachments

• 187fsb.JPG
    187fsb.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 147
yep, its not bad at this overclock even new games are quite playable at low settings. If only I didnt have the dram slot problem (cant use more than a single slot) I could keep the system until c2d prices fall.

Get yourself a Barton 2400+ on ebay (about $50). It is unlocked and can get you to 2.3 G with no effort at all.

I'd stick with the chip you have personally and get an Nforce2 motherboard, they'll do the job at 200 FSB and you can run a decent DDR400 ram in dual channel 1:1 with the CPU instead of single channel like the KT400s. A used NF2 board can be had on the REAL cheap now a days. If you want a new chip just get a mobile, garunteed unlocked and a prime picking as it has to run at low voltage out of the box. I have a Barton 2500 XP-M that always ran well, didn't OC incredibly (2300 or so stable, but at low heat/voltage).

Edit: regardless, your current setting is a decent overclock especially given the equipment you're using, too bad the chip has a locked multiplier.

yep multipier locked makes it more difficult to get things done. Anyways just recieved the 1g Stt ram i had ordered and managed to get to 198fsb unstable and 190 orthos stable. But the damn bios wont let me set timings used to be able to get 2 3 2 6 with the old ram on the old bios, but on this revision I can set it to whatever I want but in reality it never changes from 2.5 3 4 8.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 79
Back