• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC550's ultimate winchester thread, wish me overclocking luck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mobo just came today! will test it out tonight if im not too tired and see what my winchester can do. If it does like 300x9=2.7GHz then 1:1 will be impossible making tccd a waste when I have to run async anyway.

Overclocker550 said:
mobo just came today! will test it out tonight if im not too tired and see what my winchester can do. If it does like 300x9=2.7GHz then 1:1 will be impossible making tccd a waste when I have to run async anyway.
Post results ASAP. I am very interested in them.

it's about freakin time!!!

I think u should just start a new post because this thread is already cluttered with so much crap when all we want to see is the darn OC results!

LOL, w/ so much hype u better hope it OCs well.

yeah it's my first s754 board. I really like it. Does everything I need it to, and it's a great overclocker. Plus all the modded bios' that are available is a real plus.

keep in mind my newcastle was s754 and single channel. I am going to s939 dual channel winchester. 10% of 1.8GHz is 180MHz. If the winchester is only 10% faster then it will come close to my 200x10 newcastle in 3dmark. at 15% itll be nearly halfway between a 200x10 and 200x11 newcastle. at 20% itll be pretty close to my 200x11 newcastle. I will findout and so will everyone. I am not gonna speculate any further when the answer is a few hours away

Overclocker550 said:
keep in mind my newcastle was s754 and single channel. I am going to s939 dual channel winchester. 10% of 1.8GHz is 180MHz. If the winchester is only 10% faster then it will come close to my 200x10 newcastle in 3dmark. at 15% itll be nearly halfway between a 200x10 and 200x11 newcastle. at 20% itll be pretty close to my 200x11 newcastle. I will findout and so will everyone. I am not gonna speculate any further when the answer is a few hours away

dude, no more posts from you unless it's results :bday:

wel all wanna see it :burn:

...you dont seem so optimistic anymore.....something wrong? :p

God this must be the most pathetic thread ever. Talking about reachign 3ghz before he even started OCing. Steppings and stuff like that are a good thing but nothing can proof you a good OC for sure. You find it out when you OC it by yourself.
I see you got your motherboard so let us know what your wonder CPU can do.
:D

hey ti4200, i bet you that my axp 2100+ can beat up your winchester. no don't believe it??? well, just wait ti'll i put a heatsink on it (it does 3ghz without any cooling at -3v) and overclock it to like 4ghz. like to see you beat me and my tnt2 vanta in 2k1 then.

but seriously: put up or shut up

Occ550

i am posting here cause i know you will be back.

i am presently running @2.7vdimm with the Gskill stuffs.

SELL YOUR CORSAIR STUFFS, nirvanna it is not.

no matter your justification/theories, why, why, why would you hold onto LESSOR quality ram?????

no matter what you do to the Corsair stuff, you will not be able to run tight timings and play with the big boyz.

why do i keep trying to help???

baldy :temper:

CandymanCan said:
I bet ya he will get only 2.5ghz maybe 2.6ghz. If he gets 2.5 or lower im ganna laugh so hard at him for saying oh i have chip that might do 3ghz

if he does'nt hit it we will probably NEVER hear from him again, LOL:D

all we'll know is that he got his mobo and from that night he just went....*missing*

Back