• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED OC'ing memory like before, but crashing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pzykotik

So, I had some bios chip problems, changed it.

Now, I'm trying to OC the ram, like I used to, but the pc freeze as soon as I open a game.

Basically, my ram's default settings are: 1333 CL9-9-9 @1.5V

I want them to be: 1866 CL9-11-9 @1.65V

I tried both manually AND DOCP profile from the bios.

Both crashed.

The thing is that it worked before I got this new bios chip.

All info on my rig can be found in my sig.

To try and keep confusion to a minimum, either answer with a question in order to get more info, or with a step-by-step answer :)

understand I still have more to learn about modern RAM timings... but when i was overclocking ram, the tRAS had to be equal to the addition of the first 3 timings plus or minus 1. when you had it lower then x+y+z-1 you usually had errors pop up, instability in general.

so in your case your tRAS should be 9+11+9 = 29... though you probably could get away with 28... according to your sig you have it set to 27. back when I was playing with this stuff that was a good way to bork your system stability. i'm willing to bet you never changed the tRAS, as 9-9-9 would naturally have a tRAS of 27... which is where yours is. By bumping the tRCD up to 11, you probably would have needed to bump your tRAS up +2 to 29 as well.

For Hynix IC and most other that are in 1866 kits it's usually 9-10-9-27 or 9-11-9-27.
For AMD check if command rate is 2N/T. It probably won't work at 1N/T.
Also check if it's working at high tRFC like 160+.

Back