• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED OCSnap to automate loading CPU-Z, GPU-Z and screenshot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
I saw this extremely useful tool at hwbot. After you check it out, leave any feedback you may have in the thread @ HWBot.
W1zzard said:
Capture1502.jpg

OC Snap from TechPowerUp, is a lightweight utility that allows you to launch a set of other applications, and pre-program the position of the windows of the launched applications. Multiple instances of the applications, with their desired tabs can be programmed.
This utility is particularly useful for professional overclockers and PC enthusiasts, to launch key applications such as CPU-Z and GPU-Z after achieving an overclocking or performance measurement worth sharing with others.

After scoring your feat, simply run the application to load your window location profile and use the same utility to take a screenshot.

Hiwa also made a video, showing it in action:

Download: Beta build

Would be cool to get some feedback on this, what extra features would be useful etc.

Looks interesting... seems like once you get your profiles created (as nearly everything has a different size and therefore screen placement location), it could be quite useful. :)

EDIT: errr wait, no profiles? Yeaaah, that needs added in. :p

Profiles are key.
Also delays to opening things, I've discovered that if GPUz and CPUz both poll the GPU at the same time, windows dies.
CPUz and CPUz polling the CPU at the same time causes one of them to get locked out, too.

It doesn't open one until the other is launched. At least for me.

In the video, his GPUz came up damn near the same time as the first CPUz and GPUz data wasnt populated (though not sure why).

It's instantaneous - as SOON as one app loads, the other launches immediately. They don't launch at the same time. Again, at least on my system.

Last edited:
It would be cool if it could add a Sig or a watermark to the Ss as well.

Err...yes, that should have been "loads". As soon as the one app finishes loading, the other is launched instantly.

Could be usefull for 3D results,but I'm always on the brink of crashing when running 2D and I don't think I would trust another extra programme running to open my cpu-z/gpu-z windows, atleast if it dies when doing the screenshot and I'm the one opening the cpuz tabs then I can't blame anything else for it.

Back