• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Agility 3 90gb SSD for $60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

Ok, jus ran across a ocz agility 3 90gb sata 3 SSD for $60, it's brand new still sealed in package.. Is it a good deal to get it?:confused:

Yeah. Agility 4 came out a good bit ago and everyone seems to still have Agility 3s left on the shelves since the popularity of those went way down after the Sandforce incident, so now they're going for dirt cheap prices. Most of the issues have been fixed with firmware upgrades, so I'd jump on it.

Yeah, the controller it used had major reliability issues. Sandforce is in OCZ, Corsair, Mushkin, Kingston, etc, so pretty much everyone moved to Crucial/Samsung/Intel drives for a while. The issues are fixed now. OCZ moved to an Indilinx controlled for their 4-series drives because, you know, once the public is convinced of something, it's hard to convince them otherwise.

Yeah, the controller it used had major reliability issues. Sandforce is in OCZ, Corsair, Mushkin, Kingston, etc, so pretty much everyone moved to Crucial/Samsung/Intel drives for a while. The issues are fixed now. OCZ moved to an Indilinx controlled for their 4-series drives because, you know, once the public is convinced of something, it's hard to convince them otherwise.

Actually they moved to Indinlinx because they bought the company a while back, it didnt have to do with the Sandforce issues.

(After all Intel launched their SF drivE AFTER the issues started occurring)

Agility 3 is my "most recommended" drive for price/performance. It is not a screamer and at smaller NAND size even less so, but it works very well and is super cheap. :)

Just figured it would be good as my main drive(os & whatnot). Would make my PC alittle faster :) Also going to get rid of a few of my drives.. Not really need that much HDD'S

I'm sure it must have been a reason, but any major decision like that has multiple reasons why.

Intel did release the 520 series after the Sandforce issues, but they wrote their own custom firmware to avoid the issues.

I'm sure it must have been a reason, but any major decision like that has multiple reasons why.

Intel did release the 520 series after the Sandforce issues, but they wrote their own custom firmware to avoid the issues.

Yes I understand that, I was emphasizing the point that OCZ didnt change Vertex4 to Indilinx because of Brand recognition issues, it was only because they now owned a company that makes SSD controllers.

Have one sitting here to test hope to have it finished by Friday :)

Back