• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Fail!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Is it just me or does OCZ memory just really suck when it comes to setting custom timings?

I've tried to manually set the timings on two different sets of OCZ Platinum Rev 2 now and the system fails to boot giving a memory beep code every time I set them to anything other than 2-2-2-5. Tried 3-4-4-8 in preparation for going for some high clock speeds and that failed, tried 3-3-3-8 FAIL, tried 2.5-3-3-8 FAIL, 2.5-3-3-5 FAIL, 2-3-3-8 FAIL, 2.5-2-2-5 FAIL, 2.5-3-3-6 FAIL! First I tried the TCC5 set, then when that failed after three or four attempts I switched over to the TCCD set thinking there was some problem with the first set and because I was getting tired of having to reset the jumper, but no, that one wouldn't give me any lovin' either.

So, I slapped in a set of my Corsair sticks, system POST'd just fine at the 2.5-3-3-6 setting that failed on the OCZ sticks. Thank you to Corsair for making a product that actually works and is versatile enough to manually set the timings.

How are you supposed to overclock these OCZ sticks if you can't set the timings?

Am I missing something here? Any suggestions on manually setting the timings on OCZ DDR memory?

Last edited:
I had some old ocz ddr1, 2x 512mb kits that would not run their rated timeings of 2.5-3-3-7, but they ran 2-3-3-6 no problem all the way up to 240mhz. What made them suck for me was there was no flexibilty, its the only timeing set it would run. Kinda wish I still had them..

Back