• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ to make phase change units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know that thing called a swiffer. My mom invented it. It was broom with and old sock over it. Some kid in Ohio invented a way to microwave bacon and make it crispy. K-tel copied it and sold a butt load of them. Had nothing to do with China.
Rule #1 of inventing: If your gonna do it, do it and do it all the way.
Rule #2 of inventing: The middle man will screw you everytime.

ok, i know this is a HUGE bump for this thread.

but this thread has lasted sooo long, i just couldn't let it die.

http://hardwaresecrets.com/article/377

Cryo-Z is tha name of it. appears that it will be released around the end of october.

Also, i found this Via the main part of the forums ( www.ocforums.com ) and it was listed on the right. not sure if there is any other news about it at the moment.

oh well, wanted to post that before i headed to bed.

Pay no attention to the reviewers ignorance of how the product funtions or and the actuall function of its components :p
Also.. the insulation job is poor, open cell isn't very good and the condensation prevention is poor.

greenmaji said:
Pay no attention to the reviewers ignorance of how the product funtions or and the actuall function of its components :p
Also.. the insulation job is poor, open cell isn't very good and the condensation prevention is poor.

well even though its a reviewer review, i posted it because that seems to be the only place that i could find ( while drunk off my *** ) that had any RECENT information about the unit.

i'm not interested in reviews by other company's. I'm interested in othe people's experienes. i just home a few guys here are willing to slap down the cash, buy one, and tell everyone else how they perform :p

infinitevalence said:
dear god... i think he might need to add some more silicon to that motherboard he might have missed a spot.

yeah was laughing at that too. guy looks like hes getting ready for some ln2 or major cascade action not fairly weak single stage.

davekusa said:
You know that thing called a swiffer. My mom invented it. It was broom with and old sock over it. Some kid in Ohio invented a way to microwave bacon and make it crispy. K-tel copied it and sold a butt load of them. Had nothing to do with China.
Rule #1 of inventing: If your gonna do it, do it and do it all the way.
Rule #2 of inventing: The middle man will screw you everytime.

Difference being that its pretty much guaranteed to happen in China. The only way you're saved is if your version is remarkably better (this happens all the time in the cuttlery/knife/sword/martial arts industry for example). Would you buy an Adidas shoe for $50 if you could get the same shoe with the Adiaas name for $25 and it has the same quality? I would. However, if the Adidas shoe will last ya a year and the Adiaas will fall apart after two days, its not such a good deal is it? Chinese manufacturers are such wonderful companies.

edit: I guess the reviewer didn't want to get any condensation on his lower PCI slots lol

Hey guys any new info on this yet??
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...
Sure would be nice if they would leak some kinda of info here or there for all of us.
Any idea of a typical price range for this unit?
I want to grab one of these to pair up with my E6700 and really make that thing fly LOL.:beer:

Id been thinking of getting one of these to put on a video card but they keep telling us one date then another then nothing then a diffrent date....

probably best to stop speculating and just wait till theyre actually available somewhere (if ever)

From a comment made on DailyTech... Guy identified himself as a OCZ employee earlier in the thread.. Question was asked when the cryo-z was being released...

"Hi LD, this one project has gone through more revisions than any other product. Being a marketing guy time to market is one of those things that really are high up on my list, but I have to side with the engineers on this one.

Becuase the Cryo-Z is such an enthusiast focused product it was important to the engineers that the mass production units really beat their expectations. Unfortunately for consumers this means that we have had to pilot run these units many more times than we planned. Since the first handmade units the compressor has been upgraded, the head has been redesigned, the case substructure has been beefec up, the fittings have been changed out, and now the gas has been spec'd again. We apologize for the delays, and the goal is still to release these by holiday season....and you can be sure that the mass production units will be a quality product. "

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4786

Translation:

We made a phase change unit. We found that it would not hold up to the abuse/missuse from John Q. Public . We have decided to re-engineer/design the unit so that even a booger eating moron can't fu@K it up.

Yes it's good news. I fix cars. Rule #1 never buy a first year model run. The next years model is always improved. That means the fixed everything they screwed up in the first place. Think of OCZ unit as the next improved model (hopefully).

Back