• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ to make phase change units

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has to be good news, after reading the previous specs. this thing was going to be a joke.
Too bad we don't have any details about the improvments, I wonder if someone could get it out of them :shrug:

The previous specs were a 1/6hp compressor and a 120mm condensor, no sign of a suctionline heat exchanger or "desuper heater" (quotes becuse its just a tearm, there isn't such a thing in a single stage system its just an extra condensor that isnt designed as well as the primary)
That infromation alone tells you that your condensing capasity is too low for high heat loads, you would want to use the system on a low heat produsing component. 150-180W of heatload would pull it down to temperatures that most would be disatified with for more then the cost of quality watercooling. And OCZ found out the hard way by trying to make it work then having to re-engineer the thing, reaserch is a good thing IMHO.

As I said, It would be nice to get the new specs.

davekusa said:
With those changes i doubt we're looking at a 400 phase change.

The thing is, the chages are non-discript so theres any possiblity of price ranges left to ponder after reading it.
Its always good to stay optimistic however :beer:

anandtech says they will have info on this early next week (they briefly mention it in their pre-CES article.

Back