• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official iPhone 5 Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We've already said that the I5 should not be considered "revolutionary" and rather "evolutionary" for the Iphone line of products. The hardware is indeed very nice. I don't agree with everything apple does, and quite frankly I'll take a less equipped Android-based phone any day of the week because I am one of the few who like to tinker and install roms, etc. BUT, the product is selling like hot cakes and is a nice upgrade (from what I've read) compared to the 4S. Let's keep it civil and stop calling each other zombies. When you start taking personal shots at someone else, it's because your argument is no longer good enough by itself. In that case, don't post. We get that a lot of people don't agree with the business practices, but this forum is not home to every broken-record-Apple-despising-member on the internet. :)

Edit: Dfonda, I hear you. I can't wait for the next Nexus phone. Unfortunately, my provider uses CDMA (US Cellular) and doesn't adopt the nice phones until a while after they are released. Google needs to make the next Nexus (no pun) in both CDMA and SIM compatible. :)

I jumped ship from a Galaxy Nexus and haven't looked back (was on Android for about 3 years). I had an extended battery on the Nexus and the battery life on my iPhone 5 is still ridiculously better. I will admit that the specs aren't anything special but the phone just works well, it's that simple.:D

Well I kind of meant that the iPhone barely got LTE and a bigger screen. Should've been more specific.

The only thing I dislike about this phone is that a lot of apps aren't optimized for the bigger screen. Developers are rolling out the updates though so that shouldn't be a problem for much longer.

Back