• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC PCMark05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st PCMark 05 Score...It's About Time!!!

Well folks, after I exausted all hope of FM finding a cure for the RAID bug I gave up, and in desperation looked to see if there might be some new chipset drivers for the ICH5R. There were, and I DL'd those, and low and behold the thing gave me a score! Problem solved.

Here is a 4765 .

This will go under P4 Prescott.

It's amazing how much of a difference having a fast drive/array seems to make in this thing.

JCLW said:
It's amazing how much of a difference having a fast drive/array seems to make in this thing.

The HDD Tests are just like Sucka said. They are brutal. Anything you can do in that department will help. All of these things are about big time CPU power, killer memory, and fast access times on your drives.

If you do well on these tests, you will have the ultimate gaming system.

The whole bench is brutal to say the least. This test is far more demanding than anything else i've ever run.

The thing i hate about it is hard drives play to large a role in this bench. I'm glad our team has #1,2,4 overall, but the #1 and 2 scores are held solely because of hard drive tests on a RAM drive. Don't get me wrong they deserve the spots, but when you can beat someone with hard drives alone, the benchmark is seriously flawed.

Again, not trying to take anything away from other peoples scores, but it just is a lot different than PCMark04 is.

Keep the results coming, OCF is dominating this one.

Also One holds the top spot, but i hate to add peoples scores without them entering it in themselves. So if you read this please submit it to be added.

Sucka said:
At least we keep second place in OCF :)
yep
Sucka said:
The whole bench is brutal to say the least. This test is far more demanding than anything else i've ever run.

The thing i hate about it is hard drives play to large a role in this bench. I'm glad our team has #1,2,4 overall, but the #1 and 2 scores are held solely because of hard drive tests on a RAM drive. Don't get me wrong they deserve the spots, but when you can beat someone with hard drives alone, the benchmark is seriously flawed.

Again, not trying to take anything away from other peoples scores, but it just is a lot different than PCMark04 is.

Keep the results coming, OCF is dominating this one.

Also One holds the top spot, but i hate to add peoples scores without them entering it in themselves. So if you read this please submit it to be added.
lotta hating going on?
Sorry, not to taint you or to boast, but my scores are past yours in PCMark04 as well. All my scores currently published are all air as you may or may not know. You also know that I have run it on LN2 as well as dice. I have added the OCforums to the old score for the forums which I like a lot, not to be the top dawg in the team.
Obviously someone will be always faster due to this special cooling or due to that videocard, or due to this DX9 tweak etc. etc.
The only real flaw I personally see is the 2D part of the bench as it is way too fragile and seriously restricts how far your videocard and cpu can go.

Last edited:
O l\l E said:
yep

lotta hating going on?
Sorry, not to taint you or to boast, but my scores are past yours in PCMark04 as well. All my scores currently published are all air as you may or may not know. You also know that I have run it on LN2 as well as dice. I have added the OCforums to the old score for the forums which I like a lot, not to be the top dawg in the team.
Obviously someone will be always faster due to this special cooling or due to that videocard, or due to this DX9 tweak etc. etc.
The only real flaw I personally see is the 2D part of the bench as it is way too fragile and seriously restricts how far your videocard and cpu can go.

I'm not hating at all, not sure where you come up with this :shrug:

Scores are made to be broken, that's obvious. All i was saying is that when a add on card such as a RAM drive can take down ANYONES (not mine) score based on the performance of 2 tests alone you don't think that's a little odd? That's great you make dice and LN2 runs, and i'm glad you're benching for us. No need to start hostility in the thread. If you think i'm hating on you shoot me and PM and let me know, because that is not my intention at all.

I'm just here to promote OCF and the benching teams, nothing more :)

C'mon guys. This is NOT about a ePenis contest. Don't knock others because they have faster equipment.

Sucka is a Team Captain. Think about that and how much work it is. He could spend alot more time benching instead of keeping up with our scores if all he wanted to do is be top dawg. He does this so that we can ALL have fun.

We get on the Internet and assume people's intentions. You can't do that. You do not get the same "feel" over the Internet for what people are really like.

Sucka's scores are up there, because he has good hardware, and experience at this stuff. I've been doing it for about what? 2 or 3 months now maybe? All I can say is it is not that easy. I will be learning for a long time before I could ever come close to what some of these guys do with computers. Some of them I look at with amazement, and believe they are truly wizards.

Let's learn from them. It's about making our computers run smoother, and faster. Isn't that why we joined OC Forums in the first place? :)

3DFlyer said:
C'mon guys. This is NOT about a ePenis contest. Don't knock others because they have faster equipment.

Sucka is a Team Captain. Think about that and how much work it is. He could spend alot more time benching instead of keeping up with our scores if all he wanted to do is be top dawg. He does this so that we can ALL have fun.

We get on the Internet and assume people's intentions. You can't do that. You do not get the same "feel" over the Internet for what people are really like.

Sucka's scores are up there, because he has good hardware, and experience at this stuff. I've been doing it for about what? 2 or 3 months now maybe? All I can say is it is not that easy. I will be learning for a long time before I could ever come close to what some of these guys do with computers. Some of them I look at with amazement, and believe they are truly wizards.

Let's learn from them. It's about making our computers run smoother, and faster. Isn't that why we joined OC Forums in the first place? :)

THANK YOU for the post. You hit that right on. I don't spend the extra time being a team leader because i'm a "hater" so that is just rediculous. I don't mind seeing scores over mine, esspecially when they're OCF, but i am entilted to my opinion. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, otherwise i'll change it :)

3DFlyer said:

Thank you for that post - I totally agree. I put a lot of effort into dialing my system in for where it is now. Having a team captain downplaying scores or making commets like if I had this I would be #1 is not really what I expect. But enuff off that already. My comments might have been off about the hating but I just sensed a lot of negativity in suckas post. Sorry for misinterpreting.

O l\l E said:
Thank you for that post - I totally agree. I put a lot of effort into dialing my system in for where it is now. Having a team captain downplaying scores or making commets like if I had this I would be #1 is not really what I expect. But enuff off that already. My comments might have been off about the hating but I just sensed a lot of negativity in suckas post. Sorry for misinterpreting.

Trust me, i am not downplaying your or any results. I'm here to promote the team, and i want to see everyone's scores go up and up. You just took what i wrote the wrong way, or it came off wrong. No hating going on at all ;)

Here is my first entry into this category..... probably my last.

Now that the XS Grand Prix is all but done, I can go back to the things I love best..... :D

Heres my 05,

05.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...projectdetails&projectType=13&projectId=75327

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back