• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK guess I'm a Idiot,, but Ryzen 5 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

Just received it..
Got the New board..
Board is ASUS Rog STRIX B350-Gaming
Yes I *finally* got that 16 Gigs of Memory..
Says the Ryzen 5 1600 runs 3.2 Base speeds
Memory is DDR4 2066
I'm going to post the CPU-Z numbers..
Am I missing something if so where?
:confused:

Attachments

• ryzen5.JPG
    ryzen5.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Ryzen2.JPG
    Ryzen2.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 269
I upped the "memory" setting from 2066 to 2667 (I think that correct)..
Seen a huge improvement.. Stable..

I really feel like a Idiot now!

I HONESTLY Didn't know that Windows 10 ,, was actually "holding Me back"
With the Performance and Balance/Energy Settings… I Kept getting the "speeds" , or close to this for about 10 seconds,, then back too 15.5 multiplier & 1.5 & change GHz.. :confused: :bang head
I was almost about to RMA this ASUS Board..
I was actually "questioning MY SANITY" :screwy:

NOW, I happened stanced across this information, (yes, been outta the loop that long).. I "updated" what setting(s) I wanted... In the settings/control Panel...

It's like NIGHT & DAY....

OMG, i'm so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY..:santa:
(PLAYING War Thunder, I gained back just this evening something like 1/2 million coins, (Lions for those whom that play)… :rock:

I didn't even REALISE that some of those settings ALSO "slowed" My adapter & internet connection by "default"! :mad:

I also kept wondering Why, I stuck at the same framerates with My
ASUS Radeon R9 380 STRIX-R9380-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 ViD card.. :sly:

Like,,,, I was "STUCK" on Default or something, or there was something wrong with the Card, As other member opined, It was "Long in Tooth", SAID--> EarthDog I'm like.... :eh?: as if it was REALLY OLD & outdated..:-/

My frame rates are now,, OMG.. (with-out overclocking)..:escape:

I CANNOT be happier! :clap:

I read elsewhere, Ryzen 5 1600 & the, ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard was really screwy With MEMORY, and speeds dependent on "certain" types, or speeds of Memory...

Only to find out It was WINDOWS screwing with Me the whole time.. :nuts: :facepalm:

Been playing War Thunder for several hours Things are COOL & STABLE, what I'm gonna post, on stock AIR Boyz & Girls..

My AC isn't ON.. It's in the high 70's Low 80's here this evening.. This set-up isn't EVEN breaking a sweat.. :burn:

Can't wait until I really start "tweaking" My system... :drool:
:rofl:
Ya'll can OFFICALLY Call ME The Overclockers "Official" Village Idiot now,,, or say *We told ya so!* :muahaha:
I cannot be happier!
(Or mostly EMBARESSED)
What's that old Video? The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants,, I kinda feel like that now.. :censored:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 213
Wow....

Ill just leave this alone. Glad its up and running right.

Enjoy your rig!

Last edited:
Nice to see you have it sorted, AMD has their own power profile, Ryzen Balanced, for Windows which helps with a lot of those issues you were seeing. Specifically core parking.

Also there are settings in the BIOS that over ride any windows power settings like disable Cool & Quite, all C states and any power saving settings.

Windows wasn't "messing" with you but you do need to mess with Windows to allow you to run your system optimally. The tech companies are in to low power computing these days. But as of now the user can override a lot of the green stuff. And keep in mind that Windows 10 was designed so that it will run efficiently on tablets and laptops as well as desktops.

Are you using the stock AMD cooler that came with the CPU? With more voltage, temps permitting, you should be able to get that to 3.8 without too much problem. But if your case ventilation is poor then temps may not permit.

Upped the voltage on the Memory a Tad..
to 1.40
SET the Multiplier at 36 even..
It kept jumping from 34 to 37.... CPU going from 3.1 GHz to 3.5Ghz.. NOW at a STEADY 3591.43, (no jumping around..)
I've got this now "steady" no Jumping around..
With a "slight" Memory OC.. over the SPD of 2666..
I'll let the numbers speak for them selves.. looking good? OK, or Just leave it alone? :D
:thup:

Attachments

• cpu.JPG
    cpu.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 174
  • memory.JPG
    memory.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 174
I'd prefer to see load pics with HWInfo. If you're setting 1.4V and dropping to 1.2 V might need some LLC tweaking. At that voltage you should be able to manage something closer to 3.9 GHz

Back