• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I need Help This Time????? Temp Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
I need a good program for getting temp readings. I just want to verify sandra readings there are a lot of good progs out there but I need something that I do not need to adjust the offsets as I do not know if the readings are correct.

Specs

MB Biostar TA790GX A2+
CPU 5200+
Vid Sapphire 3850
6Gigs ram
Vista 32
Linux 64 (why I do not know)
160 gig uata backups
2X sata 160Gig WD in raid 1

Sandra always reads 26-28C cpu temp
Any other prog I try gives wacky reads and I dont know what offset to use

HWmonitor the same people that make cpu-z

coretemp made by one of our seniors

I will try HWmonitor and I already have core temp I like it and will prob use once I find offsets thnx

Definitely cant use hwmonitor without some offset core 0 @5C
core 1@15C need offset UHHHHHHHH!!!!!! must get offset

MBM 5 has probs too cant find my mobo

MBM5 is really outdated AFAIK I stopped using it on my opty 170-dfi rig which was over 2 yrs ago I think.

maybe try speedfan or cpucool?

ITE IT87 hardware monitor

Voltage sensor 0 1.09 Volts [0x44] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage sensor 1 1.18 Volts [0x4A] (VIN1)
Voltage sensor 2 3.36 Volts [0xD2] (+3.3V)
Voltage sensor 3 5.08 Volts [0xBD] (+5V)
Voltage sensor 4 12.03 Volts [0xBC] (+12V)
Voltage sensor 5 -7.55 Volts [0x76] (-12V)
Voltage sensor 6 -4.80 Volts [0x4B] (-5V)
Voltage sensor 7 4.78 Volts [0xB2] (+5V VCCH)
Voltage sensor 8 3.52 Volts [0xDC] (VBAT)
Temperature sensor 0 33°C (91°F) [0x21] (TMPIN0)
Temperature sensor 1 26°C (78°F) [0x1A] (TMPIN1)
Temperature sensor 2 24°C (75°F) [0x18] (TMPIN2)
Fan sensor 0 1997 RPM [0x152] (FANIN0)
Temperature sensor 0 4°C (39°F) [0xD5] (Core #0)
Temperature sensor 1 16°C (59°F) [0x102] (Core #1)
HWMONITOR OUTPUT immediately after sandra burn in during burn in max on anything was 114f

Will try another prog

CoreTemp is what I use. I've never seen a problem with it.

Could just go out and grab a temp reader.

I think I will have to run some of these progs for a while look at the data (I think they are reading the wrong sensors I will look for outliers and accept or reject based on that then when I have determined the offset I will set up coretemp

Bumping this to see if there was any success? I have the same mobo, but I cant get any program to accurately read the temps. Even the BIOS seems to yield low values for both core temp and case temp. Last night it was saying I had a 22C case temp in a room that was 25C! Is a BIOS update in store for me or what? After much searching, seems that lots of people have similar issues with this board.

Is that a Windsor 5200+ or a Brisbane? If its a Brisbane, CoreTemp and all other programs that read the on-die thermal diode will report incorrect temperatures (read extremely low). Your best bet is Speedfan imho which should give you the temp reading from the Motherboard sensor.

Its a Brisbane BE 5400+. Speedfan works, but the labels are all mixed up. Ill have to sort out which ones are which lol. Its funny how the software they provide with the board doesnt even work right!

Thanks

Yea that's how it usually is with speedfan. The right temp will be there somewhere, you just gotta figure out which one it is.

Back