• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ol' McSterculus built a farm too

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sterculus

Well, since I've seen so many people posting pics of great looking farms, I decided I really needed to build something too, so here are some pics :) (56k beware, the pics are big)

Before: (You can't even see 2 of the layers in this pic, they are hiding below the desk)

After (I've done a bit of wire-tie wire cleanup since that pic, so the KVM and ethernet cables are actually tidy)

Anyways, the box on the left is my 2400+ Windows server box (needs to be Windows so I can get wireless there)

Farm, from top to bottom:
2 x 2.6C
2100+ @ 2.3ghz
2600+
2Ghz P4A
2100+

For 15.1 Ghz of powah! (And a little bit of space at the top for some more :))

nice job cleaning up... and nice farm power

It looks as you have hardrive for all of them. Are they all window base?

Nope, only the server is Windows. There are 2 hard drive based layers running Suse 9.0, and 5 overclockix layers off the CD. Sometime in the future I hope to fiddle around with LSTP overclockix though.

Sweet Looking! What are you using to hold the mobo's on to the wood pieces? I never attached my mobos to the wood on my farm, I just set them on there. Also where are you PSU's on there? Glad to see people bringing these powerful farms up to the plate! Keep the WU's coming!

BUILD!

BORG!!

RECRUIT!!!

FOLD ON!

Fast - I used screws to attach the mobos to the wood ;)

sautegod - If only I had some money :p

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Nice!
Makes me miss my farm.I will have to take up farming again soon...Seeing yours and others from time to time gives me the urge!

Back