• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old 845 intel board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes. that is the P19 bios I have. that is where I got it. the specific drivers do me no good if it won't post w/ the hdd connected. I know its old and they don't support it anymore that is why I came here and posted my question..... does anyone know where I can find a bios for my board older than P19?

I know that ALL versions of the BIOS were on the internet at one time or another. so they should still be out there somewhere. a bios archive, some special bios site, something. I can go to intel and download a file that has every bios that came out for this board.(none of them work cause its a 'gateway' intel board) but surely an older bios is out there, I just can't find it.

Or maybe someone knows how to flash a gateway w/ an intel bios. I tried the recovery jumper, but it will just beep twice, wait 5 or so secs and repeat...forever. I let it go like this for an hour or so before just hoping something would eventually happen. never did. the P19 bios for gateway says it flashed correctly every time I try. i'm guessing its a conflict between my board and the bios somewhere, which is why i'm pretty sure if I can find an older gateway bios it will work.

rg84510a.15a.xxxx.p15

This makes it difficult. The "XXXX" needs something more specific as Boolean searches don't turn up the "XXXX" with anything meaningful. For instance on the newer BIOS you flashed the Xs are replaced with .0057. so it would be along those lines (I think it is 0037). A partial search of rg84510a.15a finds references to it only, nothing in the way of the actual BIOS. Several forums (I went to about 8) all referenced that they couldn't find it either and all were from 2003-2005.

It may be time to pony up for an upgrade. Have you considered that your HDD may be on it's last legs?

there is 3 hdd's that all worked fine before the flash. I could see 1 dying. I would even go way out on a limb and say that 2 could of died...but all 3. even the spare 60g I had in the closet dead?
is this more specific rg84510a.15a.0037.p15 copied straight from on of the links you gave me

No, it was on a different one. It just referenced what the original Gateway came with, they were trying to find it again just as you are. No success.

Your HDDs are probably IDE? Same with any burner? If that's the case you will have to shop in some second-hand stores to get parts if you need to keep your money close to home. Otherwise, a decent list of components for a new build that would last you several years would run $500 at a minimum.

wagex posted this a few minutes ago. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725037

It would be a good starter kit, toss in an HDD, OS, burner, maybe re-use your KB & mouse.

Last edited:
Back