• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older Version Call of Duty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
There was a version of CoD that either had as part of the program or as an add-on module of B-17 / B-24 gunners over Germany in WW2. Does anyone know what the version was and whether this was an add-on module and where to buy?

Are you thinking of Call of Duty: United Offensive? Addon for the first game, developed by Treyarch, it added vehicles & ranking (per match) to multiplayer.

Guys, I don't know which one it is, that's why I needed your guidance. I don't know anything about CoD versions, add-ons, etc., I have played this on another person's computer but don't have a clue otherwise. I'll look for United Offensive.

There was a version of CoD that either had as part of the program or as an add-on module of B-17 / B-24 gunners over Germany in WW2. Does anyone know what the version was and whether this was an add-on module and where to buy?

You want a game from about four years ago called B 17.

Trust me. Look for it.

I remember reading a review that said the manual was heavy enough to permanently disable home intruders and that, before you could even start the engines on your B17 you had to go through something like 90ish preflight checks, magnetos, oilpumps, pressures, manifolds... If you're into that sort of thing you apparently nerdgasm over this game which also supposedly has the most accurate flight model of a B17 ever bla bla bla

Also you want IL2

Then you want a nice joystick
h707.jpg

- or- if you wanna roll authentic for the era, most fighters included,

yoke.jpg

Regardless, for flight simulation you need at bare minimum, a good analog joystick with a bunch of buttons which is good quality and has at bare minimum one throttle slider on it.

Ideally, you want a good stick or yoke, rudder pedals, and a module with several controls for trim settings and throttle.

Its up to how nerd you wanna be.

Then again if you just wanna bust caps at germans 20 000 feet in the air and realism isn't a big deal to you...

It was call of duty: united offensive. The expansion pack for the first game.

You want a game from about four years ago called B 17.

Trust me. Look for it.

OK, this is not a flight simulation game, this part of it starts out with a B17 tail gunner shooting ME 109s and Fock Wulfe fighters coming in at all angles with the B17's flying in formation. Then he has to make his way forward when their plane is damaged, etc. and take another gunner's position.

It's really the only part or module of the game I really like. :)

Theo,

Those youtube links aren't the game I was looking for but thank you very much for those links. It helps to narrow it down.

Gunners over germany

The Call of Duty did have an expansion pack that you loaded from seperate cd that had the bombers over Germany. I still have the expansion pack.

Now I have a question... is there somewhere to play this in multiplayer format on the net?

Back