• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online gaming at its best. A 60 minute special report.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet video! Hope that gaming gets bigger around my area! I love to game and the only place I can go is online to play, and the occasional once a year LAN.

Janus67 said:
I do not worship him, I respect him for what he has done for the industry, and wish that I could have done the same to make hundreds of thousands/millions with the advertising etc.

I think the opposite, this is the biggest advertised (enter insult) today. I believe he is the beginning of completely ruining gaming as we know. Gaming now as it has been, a hobby, stress reliever, and fun. We have seen the prices of video cards sky rocket as they gear towards gamers, benchmarkers, and enthusiasts, a lot of which are gamers. All need now is to hike up those prices more because it has a lame-tard name endorsing it. Gaming will no longer be a hobby, but competition, a source of stress not a release, (what will people say when a kid commits suicide for losing in a tourney?), and hardley fun. Pretty soon most games will be written for multiplayer/lan/compition only, and single player story lines/games, will suffer because thats not where the money is. I fear the fame of fatality is going to destory gaming and computer modding. So I plan on boycotting anything fatality's name on it, and I will purposely mis-spell it.

For the record anyone can pawn him, cause if you lose, beat his couch potato butt in the parking lot afterwards.

T'wolves said:
All need now is to hike up those prices more because it has a lame-tard name endorsing it.

I don't know man. I think drives down the non fatality versions. :) The AA8XE proved to be one of my favorite boards...and cheap too!

T'wolves said:
For the record anyone can pawn him, cause if you lose, beat his couch potato butt in the parking lot afterwards.

watch out dog--those mad tennis skills hes got will pwn anyone........

bwhhaahaha!

T'wolves said:
Gaming will no longer be a hobby, but competition, a source of stress not a release, (what will people say when a kid commits suicide for losing in a tourney?), and hardley fun.

Don't know what your talking about but it already happens as is today and ages back. Someone gets ****ed at another in a game and goes and kills them or alike. Or sits infront of the computer for days and dies because he doesn't leave. Its already here for some just lots of others don't take it as seriously as others.

For me its about fun, a good time and a stress releavier. That hasn't changed imo.

deathman20 said:
Don't know what your talking about but it already happens as is today and ages back. Someone gets ****ed at another in a game and goes and kills them or alike. Or sits infront of the computer for days and dies because he doesn't leave. Its already here for some just lots of others don't take it as seriously as others.

For me its about fun, a good time and a stress releavier. That hasn't changed imo.

I agree it hasn't changed yet, but what I don't like is the thought of what it might become. Look at sports, specially college. Organized sports is a business not a game. And gettin more and more boring to watch as the next youth in sports becomes spiolled with huge paychecks and no insentive to play hard.

As far as price hikes go, if he makes in one year, a million dollars in endorsements, where is that money coming from? He is advertising/endorsing something, and sooner or later, that money is going to be ours they are paying him with.

As far as graphics cards go, wouldn't this be one of the best things for it. I mean wouldn't this create an active competion between makers to produce the best card with the highest frame rates available. Sure those trying to stay on top of the the current technology would be spending tons, but those who are one step behind the best of the best could be getting some good deals. Might end up being like the performance cars of today where in you get more bang for your buck than ever before.

T'wolves said:
I agree it hasn't changed yet, but what I don't like is the thought of what it might become. Look at sports, specially college. Organized sports is a business not a game. And gettin more and more boring to watch as the next youth in sports becomes spiolled with huge paychecks and no insentive to play hard.

No offense but I bet 90% of the players are playing for the love of the game, it's just the few that get all the media that over shadow the majority.

Back