• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Operation Primate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no but a person called Fbobnova was....I think

Yup!

9 a.m. update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 -     28,450 OCF last month
 - 23,470,240 OCF this month
 -  1,401,545 Dave
=============
Needed      = 619,594

We're down to one or two updates!

Noon update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 - 23,534,296 OCF this month
 -  1,412,772 Dave
=============
Needed      = 544,311

The 3 or 6 p.m. update, SHOULD be our last one, here. Unfortunately, this update was very small - it happens - so let's not stop folding here, just yet!

Last edited:
As fellow Captain Adak has mentioned we are fast
approaching the end of our stay in [H] Haven.
It has been a fun and very productive stay but
now we must prepare to set sail to more familiar
waters and to our SETI neighbours on UFO Archipelago.

For this mission we will be swapping over to BOINC.
You can download it here.
Choose SETI@home as your project and Overclockers.com as your team.
We can use your own username for this mission.
We will be staying here for 3 days.

Please prepare for departure at 6PM PDT.​

I'm stuck on team 33 till tomorrow...set sail without me.... :( :beer:
I'll stay a while and to fix the furniture and bar stools we broke!

Roger that, radio me when you are ready and I shall fly back and pick you up. Make sure to clean up all the Poo Adak was flinging when he started drinking the extra strong grog :eek:

KGH, thanks for everything! You've been such a huge help. :salute:

Our last two updates have been VERY small - perhaps due to the heat wave in CA right now. It got so bad today, I had to shut off Tanker and one i7. No way I can fold with Tanker in 100 degree heat.

I'm SO glad we had the CC race in April, instead of in May!

6 p.m. update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 - 23,668,193 OCF this month
 -  1,674,426 Dave
=============
Needed      = 148,760

I'll leave one i7 on [H], until the Needs is down to zero. IF THE HEAT WAVE WILL SUBSIDE, I'll move the other systems over to SETI. It has been a scorcher yesterday and today! :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Seti started

I got 15% left on current wu for [H] but I set it to finish. Seti work being crunched at 50% until then. The switch was easy as I had a few Boinc projects going around the first of the year.

9 p.m. update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 - 23,703,645 OCF this month
 -  1,680,645 Dave
=============
Needed      = 107,089

We're in low gear, but doing fine.

Midnight update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 - 23,759,298 OCF this month
 -  1,689,155 Dave
=============
Needed      = 42,926

Not much left to do. :cool:

Last edited:
9 p.m. update (Central Daylight Time).
Code:
   25,519,829 Goal 
 - 23,825,273 OCF this month
 -  1,691,542 Dave
=============
Needed      = -25,436 [COLOR="Red"]Done! [/COLOR]

And with this update, our official stay at [H] Haven, comes to it's end. As of this update, our total Operation Primate thanks to [H] is 25,545,265 points.

Many thanks to Nathan_P, Brother John, and brilong, for their considerable efforts to help us in the CC.

Now, Welcome to the World(s) of SETI! :D

The big change with BOINC, which you'll notice right away, is that you have a large cache of work units - which in SETI speak, you don't 'fold', you 'crunch'. :p

Which brings up the big issue of working with BOINC. As with all the other distributed computing projects, each work unit is important to the advancement of the project. The problem is, we'll only be here for a few days, and we have maybe a hundred work units in our cache, and getting more every few hours.

The answer is to click on the "projects" tab in BOINC, click on the SETI project listing, and then click on the "No New Tasks" button on the left hand side. Chances are good that you'll have enough work to keep your system busy for the few days that we'll be here. If you need more work units, just repeat the above procedure, but now the same button will say "Allow New Tasks", and shortly thereafter, you'll start picking up more work units from SETI.

Happy crunching!

If you plan on doing more crunching for SETI, be sure to read up on the enhanced BOINC versions for your system, in their stickies. I'm out of touch with SETI, but last time I checked, Lunatics version of BOINC, was about 15% faster than the standard version, so it's something to be considered for any long term SETI crunching.

Oh, and if you register as a new user, when you have an existing account, you can wind up with a "twin" - especially if you also have a new email address. Merging such accounts back into one is a pain, and may not work at all.

Last edited:
Right, well sort of there...

Could not seem to get GPU folding working despite setting to run When PC is in use etc... (Cat 13.1) so setting that to homegrown folding :)

Hunting Aliens on one Core until current folding@home CPU WU finishes... ;)

Oh, and if you register as a new user, when you have an existing account, you can wind up with a "twin" - especially if you also have a new email address. Merging such accounts back into one is a pain, and may not work at all.

but question is how to recover a 3 year old account :( I cant seem to get it no matter what, I also dont rightly remember opening an actual account back then or id know the pass, i know all my passes; wasnt it more like fah back then ? just Id ?
for now I just had to open a new one :(

but question is how to recover a 3 year old account :( I cant seem to get it no matter what, I also dont rightly remember opening an actual account back then or id know the pass, i know all my passes; wasnt it more like fah back then ? just Id ?
for now I just had to open a new one :(

You can recover your old password, if you still have the same email address. If your email address has changed, and you've lost your password, I don't believe you can rejoin your old account.

First thing is to put your two account email addresses the same, and of course, your handle (name). Then disconnect from the SETI project, and then reconnect with it. On the first screen it shows you, check the "existing account" button.

Then on the next screen it shows you, make sure your email and name are correct, and click on the "lost your password?" hyperlink, and they'll send it to you, or allow you to set up a new password - thus keeping your account as one instead of two.

ya, emails gone, it was the comcast one and since I havent had comcast in 3+ years .. :(

Right, up to steam now and enjoying this new Alien Island drinking dreaming starry place :)

11 cores on mission now, lets see what fate brings us!

ya, emails gone, it was the comcast one and since I havent had comcast in 3+ years .. :(

I have a much more detailed description of how to do this, in your Rosetta team thread. I found out I have this exact problem myself, and give the steps for it that I will take to solve it (I trust).

[Edit}:

It worked like a charm! I'm back to a single BOINC account again. :clap:

Last edited:
The grog hit your captains hard yesterday :beer:
so now we are late leaving UFO Archipelago!
Oh well it was a little bonus to a fellow SETI members.

Now we must work extra hard to make up the time
as we set sail to our final mission on Rosetta Refuge.
We will be staying here for 4 days.
Again this project can be found in BOINC and
you can use your own username, just make sure
you select Overclockers.com as the team name.
Enjoy our last stop before we return home

:D :D :D :D :D

Switching over, now! Won't be fully onto Rosetta until Midnight, but that's how it goes when you travel by ship. :p

Back