• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion on Antec Spot Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NtheFace

Registered
Been reading reviews about it and they vary widely, rather get some professional opinion on it rather than some random people who may or may not know what their talking about. Feel more comfortable with the knowledge vault we have here.

So i was thinking of using it to cool off my Northbridge...

But alot of complains was its flexy arm sucks at sticking in place.. is thats its only issue and any of thoughts on it are welcomed as well.. or some alternatives

Other alternative was to buy a regular fan and affix it to the heatsink with wire i suppose.

I had one years ago and it did ok.. a little whiney, but did its just.

That said, I dont see a point in cooling the NB in the first place.

I had one, worked okay. I modded it a bit. It finally broke where the springy part goes into the bolt end. So it's okay, and has 3 speeds. But the NB really doesn't need cooled ever since Intel moved the memory voltage controller to the CPU. So the NB doesn't have to work as hard as before.

Ohh, I have no idea how AMD does it I just realized your running one.

Oh ok just wondering... it just hovers around 54c underload..at what temp should i consider cooling the NB?

Back