• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions wanted on build based on article

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Didn't mean to abandon the thread was just waiting to see if I had any questions buying or assembling. I want to thank you guys again because it's complete and this is my dream PC. Actually I kind of hate the case, never seen one of the mid towers in person before, so big but wadda ya gonna do. The only fans I have running are the back fan and the center cpu fan with low noise adapter. Plus the built in fans in PSU GPU. It's really quiet like that, and I think it is pretty safe, I used HWMonitor to check temps and it was about 100F in the room.

Oh right, also it's the 4790k 4.0 not 4770k in there, really new model. And the funny double card is an EMU 1212M, it's a good audio card I use it for recording, glad it works on Win 8 etc.

Attachments

• Picture 5-2.jpg
    Picture 5-2.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 23
One exhaust fan and nothing else on a reasonably high end system? I'd advise against that. Atleast one in one out. Ideally one front one back one top. And even better, 2 front, 2 top 1 back. Use low noise adapters on all your fans.

One exhaust fan and nothing else on a reasonably high end system? I'd advise against that. Atleast one in one out. Ideally one front one back one top. And even better, 2 front, 2 top 1 back. Use low noise adapters on all your fans.

true, actually after posting I happened to get 100C CPU in a stress test so I put all the fans on max, including the 2 front case fans, though I doubt they do much as the air flow has a lot in the way. I doubt the Noctua is incorrectly installed, it could be an issue with over voltage from the motherboard, or just some chips are hot, trying to sort it out.

what case is it? and what's ugly about it?
I just personally didn't like it, the shape/size is bulky and the chicken wire vents, and not sure about the front fans like I said.
(The case is the Corsair 400R, I meant to get 500R actually, long story)

Edit: Starting new thread in CPUs about my CPU temp problem

Last edited:
Back