• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165 for $149 @ Monarch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I"m pretty sure I've seen Monarch do this before. In fact, it seems to me that it's happened pretty much everytime someone rolls up with a nice price. It's possible that they have some sort of dynamic pricing based on demand. In other words if they sell so many within a certian time it may intuit demand and automatically adjust the price. Just a thought.

redrumy3 said:
maybe price mistake ? and they realized it was low? lol

Yeh I can see a price mistake on one or two cpu's , but the whole dc Opty line (165/170/175/180/185) ? Very doubtful imo .
Even when I get Monarch emails with such deals in them , I'll go "right away" to the web site and 85-95% of those deal never exsist , or I get the now famous "script error" for that page . :rolleyes:

If this is a bait tactic its a poor one , as all is does is pis* me off .

I was looking forward to this so-called deal to try and recoupe my $300 , as Monarch still owes me a $300 refund from a order that was cancelled due to no-stock back in July/06 (long story) . I figured this MAY have been the best way to resolve this issue ... but again , I SHOULD have known better when it comes to anything Monarch related .

Last edited:
Stinks the price went back up. Though everytime someone says "we should sue 'em!" when a company changes/cancels/runs out of a sale, I want to slap a kitten, and it makes me cry inside a little.

I winced when I saw the $149 price, considering I paid like $275 for my Opty 165 and THAT was onsale at Monarch and a hell of a deal at the time.

I was kinda hoping the price would stay down since I knicked the transistors on my Opty and haven't gotten to test it yet to see if it was still good. Would've been nice knowing a new chip would only run right around $150. Oh well. The price can only go down again. Here's just hoping it's sooner rather than later.

The whole dc opty line up price changed once again ... lower than earlier today , but higher than yesterday .

This is worse that then playing stock market :bang head . Well atleast the prices are much better than early this morning .

how come no one pointed out that the 185 (2.6ghz) is $360

compared to the 180 (2.4ghz) which is $556 ?

Anyone know of a good place to get a good, cheap 939 board. I need one for my backup, folding, server rig if I decide to get this processor. Already have a 165 in my main rig and it rocks!!! Would like to have my server future proffed for a year or two........... Already got the RAM and the cheap video card.........

orion25 said:
Anyone know of a good place to get a good, cheap 939 board. I need one for my backup, folding, server rig if I decide to get this processor. Already have a 165 in my main rig and it rocks!!! Would like to have my server future proffed for a year or two........... Already got the RAM and the cheap video card.........

try our classifieds.

Krusty said:
try our classifieds.

I have briefly looked there. I need a good 939 AGP board or one hell of a deal on a PCIe 939 board. There were none available at that time. I am thinking I will wait until the Intel 4300 (I think that is the name) comes out and then I will buy. But I love AMD so I am in a delima. Oh, well I will try the Hard Forums and XS for sale threads I guess...............

all i have to say is http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=list&SubCategory=22&Type=OPENBOX
well, maybe not say, more like show. i ordered 2 boards in the past month, the asus a8n5x. ((works great, no adapters, just the board itself. only flaw i had was getting the stupid pcie to work, but since its just a folding rig, i used a pci graphics card i picked up from geeks.com for 10$.)) the other board i got is a biostar Tforce4u. ((came completely packaged. I MEAN WITH EVERYTHING!!!. the box had all the goodies, even the promo stuff they were sending out. awesome overclocking features, easy to setup, great board for cheap.)) i payed about 80$ for both boards.

I just did a run on pricegrabber.com. The prices of opteron are really coming down now.

Well now it looks like Newegg and Zipzoomfly have joined the ranks of cheap Opteron places. If you guys want them, get em while they're hot!

Back