• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opti 165 for $265 or 146 for $165?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laserkitty

I can pick up a 165 for $265 or a 146 for $165 and I'm wondering which to jump on. I love my 165 and am tempted to pick up a second, but the 10x multi on the 146 is tempting, too, and it'd give me an excuse to pick up a new mobo (I'm thinking DFI LP Ultra-D).

So, if it were up to you, what would you jump on with both feet?

Dual Core is much more future proof, 2 cores, more speed, multitasking, what more could you ask for? 165 FTW!

The Epox 9NPA+ ultra is only $98 shipped at ZZF. It has a lot of very good features and is much less finicky than the DFI. If you want to invest a lot of time and energy tweaking, the DFI is a good choice, but you prefer a simpler board with a good overclock then the Epox is the way to go. Lastly, Epox support is much better than DFI's.

I'd say Asus or Gigabyte, nothing but good experiences I've had with those. Although I hear DFI is great... my friend had like 2 he had to return because they didn't work.

Back