• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimal Case Fan Config

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

Hey all, I have a Corsair Vengeance C70 case and I'm looking for advice on how to set up my case fans. I'm thinking of replacing the stock fans and Hyper 212 stock fan with Corsair fans for looks, but if I do it, I want to buy the right fans. I am new to the whole static pressure vs airflow thing and Corsair has a number of different 120mm fans:

A.) High Performance, High Static Pressure (3.1 mm/H2O), 62 CFM, 2350 RPM
B.) Quiet Edition, High Airflow, Low Static Pressure (0.5 mm/H2O), 40 CFM, 1100 RPM
C.) Quiet Edition, High Static Pressure (1.29 mm/H2O), 38 CFM, 1450 RPM
D.) High Performance, High Airflow, Static Pressure (1.1 mm/H2O), 63 CFM, 1650 RPM

Here's a pic of my case and the fans I want to add/replace:

fans.jpg

My thinking was the following, please correct me if I'm going about it all wrong:

Replace fan #1 with fan D
Add fan D to #2 spot
Replace Fan #3, #4 and #5 with fan A

My thinking was High Static Pressure IN and High Airflow OUT. Is this correct or am I way off base? :shrug:

Honestly... I wouldnt bother. Those fans are like $10-15+ each arent they? That is at least $50 for likely little gains...

You want high static pressure for things like heatsinks and radiators where its 'tough' to get through, and highairflow for things not a heatsink or a rad. :)

Hey all, I have a Corsair Vengeance C70 case and I'm looking for advice on how to set up my case fans. I'm thinking of replacing the stock fans and Hyper 212 stock fan with Corsair fans for looks, but if I do it, I want to buy the right fans. I am new to the whole static pressure vs airflow thing and Corsair has a number of different 120mm fans:

A.) High Performance, High Static Pressure (3.1 mm/H2O), 62 CFM, 2350 RPM
B.) Quiet Edition, High Airflow, Low Static Pressure (0.5 mm/H2O), 40 CFM, 1100 RPM
C.) Quiet Edition, High Static Pressure (1.29 mm/H2O), 38 CFM, 1450 RPM
D.) High Performance, High Airflow, Static Pressure (1.1 mm/H2O), 63 CFM, 1650 RPM

Here's a pic of my case and the fans I want to add/replace:

My thinking was the following, please correct me if I'm going about it all wrong:

Replace fan #1 with fan D
Add fan D to #2 spot
Replace Fan #3, #4 and #5 with fan A

My thinking was High Static Pressure IN and High Airflow OUT. Is this correct or am I way off base? :shrug:

Personally, I'd go with a pair of Noctua NF-F12's for the heatsink, using the Low Noise Adapters and another Noctua NF-F 120mm exhausting out the back with two more for the HDD cages.

Then, I'd go with a pair of Noctua 140s exhausting out the top using Low Noise Adapters.

It's about $140 for the lot, but they are extremely quiet. So much so that they surprised the crap out of me when I replaced my Cougars in my Obsidian 800D.

Temps dropped 3C and now all I can hear is the Radeon and H100i Pump.

Edited to add an After/Before pic

Attachments

• WALLPAPER1.jpg
    WALLPAPER1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,784
The Noctuas are great fans and I love the couple I own but Caviman2201 mentioned that it was being done also for aesthetics and oh my the Noctuas are UGLY!

They are indeed ugly and clearly don't work with my color scheme... haha...

Earthdog, you're right about the $$ for little gains... I was primarily going for the color scheme and uniformity... the next real performance upgrade will probably be another 7950.

Back