• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered my first fold-able, Pixel Fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Ordered a porcelain 256GB Pixel Fold...It was about 10 seconds after the google store put it up.

I have to say I have not been looking forward to a new phone this much in a while.:cheers:

It's price is not for the faint of heart... :shock:

I like the fingerprint sensor on the power button, same great camera as on my P 7 Pro, waterproof, and screen format.

I'm a bit worried about the battery life. Same processor as my p7p, but larger screen(s) and a small mAh battery

I'm a bit worried about the battery life. Same processor as my p7p, but larger screen(s) and a small mAh battery
They say it is 24 hour...but in my case, battery hasn't been a concern since maybe the Nexus 5 ,10 years ago. 400mAh larger than the Fold 4...It is powering 3 screens tho...

I sit next to a charger every night (Or if I don't go out every day) In the car my P7 Pro tops off on the way to the Golf course.

I don't keep a phone very long in any case...If I hate it the P8 is due in Oct. I have loved every Pixel I owned so far.

Really in the mood for something new...and when folded smaller than our P7 pro's.

Last edited:
Once announced, we looked up the price. The price alone did scare me. Eger to hear your thoughts on it when new and then again after time has passed.

They say it is 24 hour...but in my case, battery hasn't been a concern since maybe the Nexus 5 ,10 years ago. 400mAh larger than the Fold 4...It is powering 3 screens tho...

My rule of thumb has always been take what "they say" and reduce it by at least a quarter. The manufacturer tends to only post rated runtime for optimal - or at least REALLY GOOD - conditions. Then battery aging is always a concern.

Sweet. Flip phones are making a comeback. My razor should be worth a bunch now...right?

I always wonder if that screen will crap out along the fold...........
I know they had that issue with Samsung's first gen. I know a few people who have Samsung folding phones and they report no issues. Well at least they haven't brought up any issue in conversation.

I know they had that issue with Samsung's first gen. I know a few people who have Samsung folding phones and they report no issues. Well at least they haven't brought up any issue in conversation.
I wonder if there would even be a foldable Pixel if Samsung hadn't paved the way by making one that worked?

I wonder if there would even be a foldable Pixel if Samsung hadn't paved the way by making one that worked?
No idea what the scale is, but there are all kinds of articles out earlier this year covering this concern.

....again... not sure if this is rampant, :shrug: but, lots of articles out there and something to think about.

I like the fingerprint sensor on the power button, same great camera as on my P 7 Pro, waterproof, and screen format.
My LG G6 had that. It always worked unlike the screen fingerprint reader on my Pixel 7 which works most of the time.

This is the first phone (Pixel Fold) that I got "Preferred Care". Any issues that crop up are covered. I did go with the monthly ($15) as I rarely use a phone for more than a year...and the 2 year plan would be overkill.

If it seems durable or I choose to go with Pixel 8 I'll drop it.

I assumed they were Samsung panels in there anyway :shrug:

Any new product is going to have some issues at launch. At least they haven't set airplanes on fire yet.

Back