• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordered my watercooling stuff. Would like advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nodbone

Hello everyone, this is my first time doing anything regarding computer water cooling. I would like to know if everything I have is compatible and will work fine with each other with no problems. Also, I'd like to know if there is any advice regarding anything that you can give me. Lastly, I'd like to know if these items are not missing anything for me to proceed with the build.

Computer Case: Obsidian 750d
Pump and Reservoir: XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir with D5 vario
Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 360mm and Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 240mm
CPU Block: EK-Supremacy EVO Red Edition
GPU Block: Aquacomputer Kryographics Vesuvius for 295X2 acrylic glass edition, nickel plated
GPU Backplate: Aquacomputer Back Plate for Kryographics Vesuvius R9 295X2, Active XCS
Fittings: 10 x Swiftech 3/8" x 5/8" Lok-Seal Compression Fittings (black)
Tubing: 8ft PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 5/8in. OD - Crystal Clear
Liquid: Distilled Water with Dazmode Protector

Thanks in advance.

Everything looks compatible to me. Have you done your homework on the basics and how to maintain a loop? Just making sure were on the same page.

:welcome: to OCFs, btw.

Everything looks compatible to me. Have you done your homework on the basics and how to maintain a loop? Just making sure were on the same page.

:welcome: to OCFs, btw.

Thank you :)

I'm not gonna lie to you, I have not made a lot of research yet on maintenance. However, what I expect to do is change the liquid every year. And obviously clean the loop while changing liquid.

As for the basics, I think watercooling is pretty simple. You just have to be careful and cautious. Water goes out of reservoir, to the pump, to the components and back to the pump. The most important thing is compatibility of everything (which is what I'm trying to make sure). The rest is just being careful and making sure there are no leaks.

Thanks for the reply.

This was well done. I will admit i was worried clicking into it saying... 'another I already ordered now check my parts please' thread... but you did well!! :attn:

Thank you. I've spent a LOT of time on checking compatibility. I've literally researched every single component for hours each.

Just make sure you allow for a 12-24 hr leak test prior to powering it all up.

Your GPU block looks out of stock. Worse comes to worst, you could go with an EK GPU block and a XSPC Raystorm CPU block.

Other than that, it looks good from here.

Just make sure you allow for a 12-24 hr leak test prior to powering it all up.

Your GPU block looks out of stock. Worse comes to worst, you could go with an EK GPU block and a XSPC Raystorm CPU block.

Other than that, it looks good from here.

The last one was shipped to me. NOW its out of stock. :)

Thanks for the advice.

I have a question; is 10 fittings enough for all my components? Does the gpu backplate need 2 fittings AND the gpu block need 2 fittings or are they somehow connected and I only need 2 fittings?

Thanks

I have a question; is 10 fittings enough for all my components? Does the gpu backplate need 2 fittings AND the gpu block need 2 fittings or are they somehow connected and I only need 2 fittings?

Thanks

Each block only needs two fittings in general.

I forgot to add, I always got extra fittings just in case one was bad or I needed a certain angle to them. Make sure you add some angled fittings to your list. Draw out your loop and guess which areas will be best used for it.

I have one more question: is the dazmode protector good or should i go with distilled water and silver kill coil? or should i add the kill coil to the protector?

Thanks!

I have one more question: is the dazmode protector good or should i go with distilled water and silver kill coil? or should i add the kill coil to the protector?

Thanks!

Can't say much on the daz protector as it would be the first time hearing of this but most of us use distilled water and a silver kill coil as that's shown for years to be a non issue. Just make sure you aren't mixing metals like aluminum in the loop, you should be fine.

The Dazmode protector is just a re bagged ek or fesser, I think fesser ( fesser base) additive that they sell under their name like allot of the Dark side rads, tubing and blocks . Distilled and a kill coil is all you really need if you want a bit more protection find some dead water or PT Nuke and add a couple drops but really isn't needed.

Back