• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ouch!!! .83 6 month reseller rating. 2.65 lifetime!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from emscomputing.com:
"John Simmons
from CT writes:Not only did I get the best price I could find online but it got here in 2 days! This was by far the best buying experience I have ever had online. Thanks!"

heh..

what will he comment when he makes his first order from newegg

tell them

put the word on the street crapy vendors dont get biz

Wow. I bought my LG Flatron monitor from EMS about 12 months ago and was happy with the way things went....it arrived on time exactly as promised. Guess I won't press my luck though....I'll stick with newegg hereforth.

I got one for you about EMS...
Last year, I bid on an XP 1700+ chip they had for sale on ebay.
I won it at a price of $25, sent money (via Paypal) the next day, then 15 days later received an email from them saying something along the lines of
"Dear ebay bidder,
We appologize for the misunderstanding, but the processor that you bid on was not actualy up for sale. This auction was there to provide a link to purchase items from our website.
Thank you for your interest in EMS computers."

I went to my bank, & protested the payment. My bank refunded the money back into my account on the spot, and proceeded with legal action against EMS computers. I have since changed banks (moved out of the area) so I never heard more about what happened. I may just make a couple calls to them and see if I can find out what happened.

i have been personally screwed by AIB before i ever heard of resellerratings.com.

they are awful and i trusted that pricewatch.com did some monitoring of their vendors before letting them list. they always seemed to have the lowest price on budget ram. anyway the first time i ordered some cheap pc100 ram. it got delivered ok. the second time, i got screwed with some dead ram and they were impossible to contact to send it back when i called and finally got a human, it was someone who did not speak english and could not understand a word i was saying, i hung up in frustration. So i said for $10 that i paid for it (i was new to everything still), its the price i paid to never deal with them again, live and learn i guess.

as for these others, its just disturbing to think that these people are still allowed to operate, i mean what is the purpose of the BBB. how bad does it have to get before they intervene and shut these scams down?

Back