• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OUCH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emceepecks

I bought a cheap Acer laptop to use at school. The other night it was sitting on my bed, plugged in. I was in a hurry and tripped over the cord and it came crashing down into an old computer case that just HAPPENED to be on the floor.

Now I have this:

SSPX0203.jpg

OUCH.

I don't need the laptop for this semester but I did spend 650 bucks on something that I can't really use anymore :mad: . I haven't really done any research yet, but does anybody know if the LCD is replaceable by a repair shop? Is it worth it to repair the screen?

yikes that sucks :(

Try searching on ebay for replacement LCD screens for it. I have never done it before, but i hear good success from other members doing it.

The Lcd Can be one of the most expensive parts to replace on a laptop. but every now and then you can pick one up for a good price on ebay.

ouch is an understatement...

ozzlo said:
The Lcd Can be one of the most expensive parts to replace on a laptop. but every now and then you can pick one up for a good price on ebay.

ouch is an understatement...

%#%@!!!!!!!!! was my first statement :mad:

I'll check ebay tomorrow and do a little research.

ugh... that really s**ks :/ sorry that had to happen.

The replacement LCD for my Asus z63a is around $ 340.00 :/ good luck! Ebay might be your best bet at the moment, in the mean time you could use a desktop monitor to get you by... at least that way the lappy wont be completely useless.

~ Gos

Back