• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of stock. My amd 64 dreams ruined

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

Well guess what.

for months and months i debated on what to get and guess what my amd 3500+ is OUT OF STOCK.

next shipment isn't due in till the 5th.

i have 2 problems

1. I need to get the money to them by the 5th or 6th

2. if not then im screwed and wont get it before xmas. i seriously doubt they will get more than 25-50 of these in stock so im probably gonna have to stay up all night until they show up..

now for the REALLY ICKY PART.

i pay by check/money order. if i do that then i have NO CHANCE in hell to get the item because even if i make the order on the 5th they wont get the check to ATLEAST the 9th or 10th since i live on the east c0ast

i could just use a credit card but im worried about my computer. I KNOW MY COMPUTER IS SAFE. i scanned it 5 times in a row with kaspersky and mcafree i have a firewall AND a router WITH winxp firewall ON. but i still run the risk of a keylogger. and then im screwed.

i realyl dont know what to do.

ANY HELP PLEASE?

stop being so paranoid and use a freaking credit card, its more secure than a money order or check IMO, online purchases are secure, and if you get screwed (very unlikely) just stop payment.

IMO phone + cc is less secure, the dude on the other end could be jotting down that CC number, before he puts it in the computer, then going online and purchasing his own stuff

thats just me thoughl.

Xenocide said:
IMO phone + cc is less secure, the dude on the other end could be jotting down that CC number, before he puts it in the computer, then going online and purchasing his own stuff

thats just me thoughl.
I feel you there I was just posting another option.me I just use the credit card online but if I was that paranoid I would just buck up the extra cash and buy it local

but then they need to verfiy my shipping adress beause im having it delivered to another location thats not the card holder location.

so thats gonna delay the shipment longer than if i just sent a money order or check

zatrix seriously, you need to chill, i always read these posts about you freaking out with spyware searches and crap, as long as you don't accept vbscript and install extentions your fine, and you will never get it.

no one is going to "hack" you unless you've really pissed off someone who knows how to, wither their own tools, 99.9999% of script kiddies can't get you behind a nat unless you have a backdoor running on your system which won't happen if you just don't open random exe's vbscripts, activex controls, ect.

bah.. you think online is unsecure? have you ever gone to a restruant and payed with a CC? nuff said.

Xenocide said:
zatrix seriously, you need to chill, i always read these posts about you freaking out with spyware searches and crap, as long as you don't accept vbscript and install extentions your fine, and you will never get it.

no one is going to "hack" you unless you've really pissed off someone who knows how to, wither their own tools, 99.9999% of script kiddies can't get you behind a nat unless you have a backdoor running on your system which won't happen if you just don't open random exe's vbscripts, activex controls, ect.
Nicely put. It is my opinion that ordering online at a trusted retailer is the safest place to give out your credit card number, computers aren't dishonest like some people are.

Credit cards are the best -- if there's an unauthorized charge you just contact the cc company and dispute the charge. Let THEM do the homework for you, that's part of their job.

Last edited:
I've been using my card for ALL kinds of purchases, from MANY vendors. Have NEVER had any problems.

We're not referring to Woot.com, they have changed the name they use, on their CC charges, but everything has been OK.

steve

Back