• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of the build game for a long time now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickodemos

Need some help in figuring out how to help my cousin build a gaming rig for his 11 year old son. I myself might use this information as I am getting close to needing a newer computer.

Either way the price range is $800-1000 US. Live north of Indianapolis so if there are in store deals that we could benefit from in Chicago or Cincinnati it might be worth the drive to pick it up.

My cousin would need everything from scratch (would like a glowing system).

My current specs are. I plan on salvaging the PSU and GPU.

qOmRwOo.png

This is a tough one. With the way things are right now it will be tough to build a decent gaming PC.

I would recommend this for now:

Code:
$300           5600x
$150           MotherBoard
$100           16GB of DDR4
$100           1TB NVME
$100-150       750w+ PSU
$150           for a "glowing case"

Transfer over the 1060 and get in the EVGA queue for a 3060/3060Ti and wait several months to get one at a fair price. Realistically the 1060 can play games at medium settings and decent refresh rate.

Best Buy has been a great resource for me lately (sans GPUs.)

Or you can go with the non-flagship intels... they are around the same price or cheaper than AMD these days.

Back