• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over 1k WUs disappeared

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked_Pixie

Poof! Like magic. :p Lost my power for a couple of days due to Windstorm. Man, that was something else to see.
Anyway, booted up for the first time and on one of my rigs, my cache is gone. Too bad I couldn't
send in over 150+ completed WUs before that happened.

Is that normal? When a rig doesn't communicate to their servers for awhile, it gets taken away and redistributed somehow?

On other news, looks like I don't need to run boinc rescheduler. It seems to automatically send all
vlars to the CPU and everything else on the GPU... at least on one rig.

I've never had any disappear, but I have had some give me zero credit or something if they didn't get returned when the server was expecting them.

Yes, the newer SETI clients are supposed to automatically separate the vlars and assign them to the CPU.
23 Jul 2010 15:54:19 UTC

Server software changes this week include the much desired VLAR behavior (not assigning VLAR WUs to GPUs) and a hook in the assimilator for doing RFI filtering at assimilate time (this should reduce the burden on the back end "ntpckr/rfi filter" loop). The VLAR change will not be evident until all previously split work is distributed.
Quoted from the SETI frontpage a while back.

Yes, the newer SETI clients are supposed to automatically separate the vlars and assign them to the CPU.
Quoted from the SETI frontpage a while back.

Oh, I did not know that!! I guess things just don't work like it's supposed too. :p
Not that I mind running vlars on the gpu. It's just prevents me from running 2WUs at a time and without the rescheduler, I can't build up a decent workload.

:cry::cry:sorry to hear
aww... thanks. Just glad I got my power back. I got so bored out of mind without internet or tv. :p

Work units that get assigned to a machine, and are lost will usually get re-issued to the same machine as lost work.

That's what I thought too. But when I checked some of my abandoned units, it was given to someone else. I didn't check all of them though. But, I did get some WUs to keep them busy for awhile. :thup:

Back