• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over all review of these parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Alright so I recently got home from deployment to ALL kinds of goodies waiting for me!
Not all of my parts have made it here yet, but I'd like to throw up a quick review off all of the parts I have been using.
Maybe help someone out down the line a little bit.
So let's get started!

First I'm going to start with the monitor: Acer Predator Z35.
All I can say is WOW! This is an incredibly large, curved, brilliant monitor. Seeing the box You're just like "Oh Boy!"
The resolution goes up to 2560x1080, the display is amazing.
There is a really nice ambient light that glows under the screen and you can change the color and also the effects (breathing, solid, flash, etc)
Since it is a very large monitor, It is also pretty heavy, so be careful of that. It also has a deep base so if you dont want it sitting super close
to your face, make sure you have a deep desk.
Other than that, the only negatives I have seen so far is that the sound went out on me once, but it was a quick fix! Just unplug and plug back in.
And when the monitor is on, but pc off, there is a little bit of light bleed in the corners, but otherwise its unnoticeable.
It is a pretty pricey monitor, but I'm loving every bit of it!

Next we will go with the keyboard and mouse: Corsair K70 RapidFire, and Utech Venus MMO Gaming mouse.
The keyboard has been outstanding so far. The fact that it is all metal really makes it look sleek and feel incredible. There is an on board media
control hub which is nice and a USB Port in the back.The RGB Effects are great once you get a hang of the software. It might take you a few minutes of playing
around to fully get it, but once you do you can do pretty much anything with the colors. The response time and actuation of the keys is perfect, but
it does give for noisy clicks, which I personally like a lot.
The mouse is a great fit in my hand. It's a medium to large fit so it fits just right, The texture of the mouse isn't smooth, but it feels good on the hands.
12 buttons on the side really make the mmo experience much easier, although the bottom set of 6 are a little awkward for my thumb to reach back to.
The wheel feels very solid and turns very smoothly. and the DPI buttons right under. It all goes for a nice fit.
1 thing I wish this mouse had was the back and forward browser buttons, but for it being pretty near perfect size and weight my complaints are minimal.

To the motherboard! : Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme.
Very pricey board, very heavy duty and crazy looking. The accents are still red on this board, which is okay for me since I have it in a red phantom case and it kinda fits my build well.
There are just a butt load of features on this board. I haven't even begun to use them all yet, but for a beginner overclocker, everything seemed pretty laid out and simple.
I can't say too much about it yet since I have yet to explore its features broadly.

The processor: Intel i7 6700k
This is one hell of a processor. I can't say much because I don't know too much about these things at all.
But I do know overclocking this bad boy to just 4.6 allowed me to play most games on my pc at low or medium settings pretty well. I was shocked.
Paired with the corsair h100i V2 it stayed very cool the whole time.

I will post pictures of everything later, and also have more things to review shortly (Phanteks enthoo primo, Asus gtx 1080 OC, i7 6850k, etc)

The processor: Intel i7 6700k
This is one hell of a processor. I can't say much because I don't know too much about these things at all.
But I do know overclocking this bad boy to just 4.6 allowed me to play most games on my pc at low or medium settings pretty well. I was shocked.

Are you talking about gaming on the igpu? I had a day in between when my board was here but my new card wasn't. I booted a few games on the lowest settings and was able to get decent fps on my 1440p setup (like 15fps, kinda playable).

Yeah. I wasnt playing super intensive games. But games like CSGO played perfect, rust lagged a ton until I overclocked it then it worked beautifully.
Black ops 3 worked great once it was over clocked

What is the title even supposed to say.... "Over all review wof there parts." doesn't make sense.

Sorry about that, sometimes my fingers and brain dont cooperate I guess.
"Over all review of these parts"

Back