• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

over clocking fx6300 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xiholdtruex

hello all new to the forums but I have been lingering for quite some time now with out registering soaking up all the info I could before coming my self doing was exhausted and wanted some input on how to get some more out of my current oc,

I am currently oc to 4.2GHz when every I attempt to go over that my system continues to reboot while stress testing any input is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

My system consists of

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
AMD FX6300 oc to 4.2GHz with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Here are a few pictures of my current bios setup, and observations after running prime 95 for 20 minutes

Attachments

• cpuz cpu tab.png
    cpuz cpu tab.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 113
  • cpuz spd.jpg
    cpuz spd.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 101
  • cpuz memory.jpg
    cpuz memory.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 102
  • hwmonitor 20 minutes.jpg
    hwmonitor 20 minutes.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150807_043457.jpg
    20150807_043457.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
Well you do have a fairly weak board and cooler that's likely the issue but there are a couple things. Does the bios have HPC in it? If so enable it. Second how much voltage have you given the CPU for 4.3 ? You might just need a bit more.

Well you do have a fairly weak board and cooler that's likely the issue but there are a couple things. Does the bios have HPC in it? If so enable it. Second how much voltage have you given the CPU for 4.3 ? You might just need a bit more.

Thank you for your reply,
From what I can tell I do not see hpc , and I have tried up to 1.34v, temperature so far has not been a issue from my understanding the fx6300 are safe up to 70c and during my hand gaming the most I see 30c. I think like you said my motherboard is gonna be my biggest issue.

You have not yet begun to tap the voltage. 1.4-1.5v is fine if you can keep it cool. GL

Back