• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over clocking help/ noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natedogg89

So i figured i would over clock a bit, but im not sure were to get the free hardware or the spec i should run :/ but i guess ill post my spec and what not...
i plan on over clockin my graphics a lil bit to possibly..

processor:AMD Athlon 2 x2 420 dual core... anyone have sheets or charts or anyhelp? thanks

Do you mean an Athlon II X2 240 instead of an X2 420? The 4xx CPUs were tri-core not dual core. Please tell us about the rest of your system. Is this a box store computer like an HP, Gateway, or Dell or is it a custom made computer? If it's a box store computer, foget about trying to overclock it since the manufacturer has purposely limited the bios to prevent this. If it is a custom computer, please give us info about the make and model of the other components such as motherboard, ram, CPU cooler, PSU and video card.

The Asus M-series of motherboards support a "core unlocker" to fix that tri core incident.

Back