• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock but shows 6x and slow speed? (This is the fix)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my god please sticky this before i smash my head into the wall :bang head ... the reason why people will read it , is cause it states the problem in the thread title, the other threads are too general so people skip them over.

Probably should just add watchdog in there too... That needs to be disabled on intel boards if you want to OC.

I just started another thread in General Hardware and was linked to this. Seems I'm having the same problem. The only exception is that I always disable these features and yet it's still giving me this issue in Windows. Gives speed with the 6x multi then I can start Orthos and it bumps it up. But like I said, I've disabled all the Speedstep crap in the BIOS and it still does this. Anyone know what gives?

As I said, these are all the same BIOS settings I had before I formatted, and yet now Windows seems to still recognize the Speedstep.

Attachments

• noname.jpg
    noname.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 111
As I said, these are all the same BIOS settings I had before I formatted, and yet now Windows seems to still recognize the Speedstep.

bios glitch, enable both restart ,go into windows check them both if it working as in lower speed. restart go into bios then disable agian...

bios glitch, enable both restart ,go into windows check them both if it working as in lower speed. restart go into bios then disable agian...

Tried this, doesn't make a difference. And I already tried clearing the CMOS. Seems a BIOS flash is in order, unless I just want to deal with it.

Tried this, doesn't make a difference. And I already tried clearing the CMOS. Seems a BIOS flash is in order, unless I just want to deal with it.
You can change the settings for EIST, C1E, TM2 and the multipliers with RMClock; try using that and see if it helps.

It can be useful to use in conjunction with SetFSB or Clockgen as you can change both the multi and FSB in software so it saves having to enter the BIOS.

I have the same problem with the x6 being reset, ect.

I am operating under Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with a P6N Platinum board. Tried a lot of things.. still doesn't stick with the OC unless the CPU is under a lot of load.

Any ideas?

Back