• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock fading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsteve0924

Cubed Beef Stew Member
i have an athlon II x4 640. stock is 3000mhz. about 3 years ago i first overclocked to 3700mhz. recently i put it in a new board and was only able to get it to 3500mhz. i was curious so i put it back in the old board and now i cant get it back to 3500mhz. 3300mhz was about it. i dont even mean it's stable at 3300 mhz. this is just getting it to boot up.

is my cpu degrading?

Or your ram. Something's definitely up but sounds odd. Changing boards shouldn't effect the CPU like that

well maybe it's the board. it's old and weak. biostar n68s3+ or maybe i bent a pin or something when moving it?

I have a nickname for biostar.... Biostop. I've killed more than a couple cheap biostop boards while overclocking.

My 1055 has slowly gone down in overclock over it's life. It originally could hold 3.9 but now 3.6 is all I can get stable. It has been under water 90% of it's life but with as high a voltage as I could get with reasonable temps, I chalk it up to age after o/c.

In your case though, I would blame the new motherboard since you switched and lost some speed. I would say buy another motherboard if you want to maintain your o/c.

Back