• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock leadtek 7950gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrpringle

Registered
Hi,
I have a 512MB leadtek PX7950GT which I have tried to overclock using ATItool. The default clock/mem is 550 MHz / 700 MHz, and while I've been able to clock the memory at 800MHz without any artifacts or stability problems, I've only been able to get the core to run stable at about 570MHz.

I'm wondering how I would be able to push the core further since the card runs pretty cool anyway.

Thanks

Get a good cooler on that badboy and you should be able to get well over 600 core. Mine is running at 640/775, and doesnt load over 58c.

well, mine only goes up to about 63C under load with a stock cooler so will that help getting a better one.
I find it a bit strange the memory can run at 800MHz no prob, while the core doesn't want to budge.

I like to see some proud 7950GT owners. My XFX 7950GT extreme idles ~35 after hours of gaming with the passive cooler and a 2x50mm VGA cooler fan blowing on it even at load hours of gaming on bf2/2142 cs source all at high settings it does not ever get higher than 51*C :attn:

This is even at 575/800 (1600)

I love this card best one I have but only problems I have had out of it running 1 1/2 months so far is on BF2 where the grass sometimes flickers but thats minor

Yea, the only strange thing mine does occassionaly is on FEAR on one specific level under a thing of scaffolding it will flicker wildly for some reason, I think its a driver issue though.

And yea man, get a Zalman cooler for it, and you could probably get it up to around 640 or so like mine and not get load temps over 58c. Its awesome.

thanks for the info. At this stage I don't want to spend money on a new cooler, but maybe another time.

Does it have a passive cooler like mines? When building this new setup I thought maybe this thing will get hot w/o a cooler so I added a $7 VGA card cooler anyway... It decreased the temps by -4*C added another 50mm 4500 RPM fan to its long metal rack and decreased by -6*C

Just something to think about

I have the BFG 7950GT I can OC it to 600 on the core and 775 on the mem.

Im in SLI and im unsure if my 600w is limiting my OCs

Back