• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock possible on locked BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milan_zivanovic

Registered
Is there a possibility that this overclock:

If so can I set up FSB,
percent of it can only adjust the rest is locked in Bios, last date of Bios is 01/09/2008

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,790
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 2,778
Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to overclock CPU with 2.1mhz to 2.7mhz is on default 2.1mzh

Last edited:
Welcome Milan.. please be patient, this is a forum not an Instant Message client. ;)

That said, does your bios have overclocking options like HTT/FSB adjustment? Voltage control for the CPU, etc?

Thank you for answer me .....
the BIOS can be set only FSB from 200MHz and above
the rest is locked,see the new pictures that I have set...Thanks

I do not see any new pictures. The pictures in the first post were there since I posted.

If you dont have voltage control, you cant push very far. You can try raising the FSB and see what happens. Make sure to stress test with Prime 95 (Torture test, small fft) for stability. Dont let your CPU go over 55C or so (use Coretemp to monitor temps).

Thank you for answer me....see the new pictures that I have set....but that can only increase the fsb and pcie and ddr everything locked, some voltages may not make any changes, my CPU Freq. 200MHz and PCIE Clock 100MHZ the rest is locked

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,763
he now works almost at that temperature core0 -min37 max44 temp 40
core1 -min57 max55 temp60
Do you think CPU or core because they are almost at the core of this temperature see picture

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,748
Last edited:
did you put this computer together yourself? is there thermal paste between the cooler and the cpu? it takes just a little bit, about the size of a small pea. what cpu cooler are you using? AS Earthdog said, you're already at the high temperature mark, so you need a better cooling solution.

Like I mentioned already, you do not have voltage control so there is VERY little chance you can reach 2.7Ghz. You may be able to get to 2.3-2.4Ghz on stock voltage.

As far as a cooler, The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ or Evo are great, inexpensive coolers.

I also already mentioned how to overclock. Since you are limited in your bios, the only thing you can do is raise your HTT/FSB. Cpu speed is a function of your HTT/FSB * Multiplier. So in your case, 200x11 = 2100Mhz. Without voltage control and other controls, you will not get very far.

Can i update bios, because I can not find driver, on my site motherboard there is no newer version

You can try to update the bios. Chances are it will not unlock any overclocking features though.

did you put this computer together yourself? is there thermal paste between the cooler and the cpu? it takes just a little bit, about the size of a small pea. what cpu cooler are you using? AS Earthdog said, you're already at the high temperature mark, so you need a better cooling solution.

Yes I put it together, His factory CPU Cooler

Back