• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock problem for amd phenom II x4 945

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

8connor

well I have trouble using amd overdrive to oc my processor but the last time I tried using it, it froze and I had to shutdown my computer and turn it back on. well when I turned it back on, I started amd overdrive because I normally monitor my temps and every core on my processor was grey and it was like it wouldnt detect my processor. I don't know if I changed any of my settings on accident or not but I don't really know any other oc programs, so if anyone could help that would be nice :D .

my processor is amd phenom II x4 945

thanks.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling AMDOverdrive.

Now you know one of the reasons we don't advise overclocking with Overdrive. It's a buggy piece of software. Here at OC Forums we advocate using the manual bios settings to overclock.

thanks ,and when I go to bios I cant find the oc option anywhere !

thanks ,and when I go to bios I cant find the oc option anywhere !

There isn't just one overclock option in bios unless you have one of those automatic overclocking genies in bios. I'm talking about manipulating individual frequencies and voltages of the CPU, the ram, the HT Link and the CPUNB (those are the main ones anyway). Even if there is an overclocking genie in bios, we don't recommend relying on those either because they don't manipulate enough variables at one time to give both a high and a stable overclock.

What motherboard make and model do you have?

I'm about to change my asus one for the asrock 970 estreme3.

Okay. Since we don't know what Asus board you are leaving to go to an Asrock board, what you are leaving (unknown) is then of little signifigance.

Most of us in this forum do not clock up our processors with software. Many Asus motherboards had a bios overclock Genie of some sort that a very novice user might choose to Overclcock by 2%, 5% and 10% in general. Some users have used such. Results uncertain since we overclock using individual bios parameters for our overclocking here in the CPU section of OCF, since results of doing so are most often more reliable.

Good luck with your new mobo purchase as it might give you what you seek in performance.

I love my 970 extreme3. It brought my 960T up from a very difficult 3.8 GHz to a pretty easy 4.08GHz. I'm confident that you'll love it, coming from an ASUS board myself. Nothing against them, but if you don't know which one it is, I am willing to bet it's not too special.

Back