• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked AMD Athlon 64 x2 +4800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sanderestonia

Hi all!
I overclocked my CPU AMD Athlon 64 x2 +4800 . 2.50GHz
I went to BIOS I changed CPU freguency 200 to 244 and CPU Clock Radiot 11,5
and I got now 2.81GHz I didnt changed the voltages 1.350V I kept the same, or I need to change that also ?

Attachments

• Stats.jpg
    Stats.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 1,176
No one can say if 'your' cpu voltage needs to be raised. YOU need to run Prime 95 in Blend mode for at least 2 hours and see if P95 fails in some way or the temps rise too greatly, to know if the cpu has enough voltage to run that speed or if the temps get too hot to be safe to even add more cpu voltage if P95 is failing Blend mode.

That cpu at 2.8Ghz on air is pretty close to being maxed now.

No one can say if 'your' cpu voltage needs to be raised. YOU need to run Prime 95 in Blend mode for at least 2 hours and see if P95 fails in some way or the temps rise too greatly, to know if the cpu has enough voltage to run that speed or if the temps get too hot to be safe to even add more cpu voltage if P95 is failing Blend mode.

That cpu at 2.8Ghz on air is pretty close to being maxed now.

Here.

Noted that his min temp on HWMonitor is 46*c on the core. That is stupid hot for an idle temp.

I fear at P95 blend it will thermal throttle or crash-- OP you need a non-stock cooling solution if you are going to OC, particularly older, hot parts. If your load temps exceed 60c core you're running a true risk of hurting your hardware

I ran P95 and my CPU tempeture raised CORE 0-91c and CORE 1-88c immediately and I changed it back to 2.50GHz I dont want to blow up my computer lol, but what is the best OC for this? 2.70MHz or 2.60MHz? In BIOS I changed CPU freguency and CPU Clock Radiot
I need change there something more ? And also why my GPU tempeture is so high? When Im running some game then it raises like to 60c ..that worries me.

OP you need a non-stock cooling solution if you are going to OC, particularly older, hot parts.

Eyeppesr he does. That is why I told him to run P95 Blend first and get all the crap out of the way. And to monitor his temps. I felt he did not have enough cooling to support extra cpu speed when the cpu was clocked up and told to do work. Guessed it correct since he got immediate HOT temps.

I run my 4800+ at 217 x 12 = 2604Mhz and I have an older; for todays coolers, XP-90 Thermalright cooler on it. Now that way it does not get hot with very good case cooling.

I ran P95 and my CPU tempeture raised CORE 0-91c and CORE 1-88c immediately and I changed it back to 2.50GHz I dont want to blow up my computer lol, but what is the best OC for this? 2.70MHz or 2.60MHz? In BIOS I changed CPU freguency and CPU Clock Radiot
I need change there something more ? And also why my GPU tempeture is so high? When Im running some game then it raises like to 60c ..that worries me.

GPU temp of 60-79 is completely fine and quite normal. These are designed for much higher temps and can handle it. 60 is nothing to worry about.

On your CPU, on the other hand, those temps are absolutely horrendous.. I wouldn't OC it at all with your current cooling solution to be honest-- You run a very very real risk of losing your chip at temps like those :(

I ran my CPU at 217 x 12 = 2604Mhz instead 200 x AUTO=2511.41MHz and everything runs just perfectly :) Do I need bigger fan if I want OC more than 2.7Mhz? And also what kinda chips fit me? Maybe its better to buy new chip ?

What is the make and model of your motherboard? We need to know that before we can answer your question about getting a new CPU. What you definitely need is a bigger CPU cooler. Not just a more powerful fan on the one you have but a bigger heat sink.

Here is the CPU support list for that motherboard. This is found on the Gigabyte website. http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=2607 It should be mentioned that any CPU on this list will work with this board but some of them may not be fully functional or will operate at partial speed. The board may down throttle some of the more power hungry CPUs on this list in order to keep the power delivery components of the board from being over-taxed. And the chipset will limit the HT Link frequency to 800 mhz on any CPU you install and that will be quite a performance handicap for the newer AMD CPUs which natively employ a HT Link frequency of 2000-2400 mhz.

I would suggest not considering any AM3/AM3+ CPUs (except the Semprons and dual core Athon IIs (Regor Core)) and focus on the AM2+ CPU list.

Last edited:
Back