• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 780Ti Matrix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Couldn't scavenge enough cables so ordered a bunch of 2-pin ones from China.

So...anyone know...if I enable ln2 mode...will I be able to get 1.3v+ using AB, precisionx and/or gpu tweak (latest version)? Think I'll go ahead and get vga hotwire working but if I can get to decent voltages by enabling ln2 alone, that should set me up nicely when I run these cards on a non-rog board.

I think that if you enable the LN2 mode and use GPUTweak you'll get up to 1.8v for the GPU. I was reading around about these cards a while ago and some were blowing up the memory if you didn't remove a resistor. I'll see if I can dig that up somewhere.http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2637

Haven't found it yet but this might be it haven't read it all.
If you remove the resistor in the last pic of the first post then you can use GPUTweak for GPU volts but not for memory and would still need a panel for Vmem control.

Last edited:
Thanks Johan45!

Yeah...the older versions of gpu tweak were killing the memory on these cards. Per the hwbot post that Metal shared, though...seems they've taken care of the problem with the new release.

Couldn't scavenge enough cables so ordered a bunch of 2-pin ones from China.

So...anyone know...if I enable ln2 mode...will I be able to get 1.3v+ using AB, precisionx and/or gpu tweak (latest version)? Think I'll go ahead and get vga hotwire working but if I can get to decent voltages by enabling ln2 alone, that should set me up nicely when I run these cards on a non-rog board.

900x900px-LL-f408a3b2_tweak.jpg

Yummy! Thanks again MetalRacer!

Since it'll be a few weeks before the wires get here...maybe I'll short the jumper, flip the switch, say a little prayer, hope for the best and give ln2 mode a try this week.

Last edited:
Made the needed solder bridges for ln2 mode and set the switch on each card accordingly. Thought it prudent to test each card individually before going back to sli.

First card's in the setup. Definitely seems ln2 bios/mode is enabled as the default voltage is back to 1.175v. Tried AB, precisionx and the latest version of gpu tweak (in that order). The only one that opened vgpu up was gpu tweak. First pic below shows the max allowed values in the latest gpu tweak (in ln2 mode). Weird that max gpu boost is only 1272? Voltage adjustment works according to the monitoring tab of gpu tweak but ab and px show under 1.2v. That seems odd, too as they're all ab's back end? Anyway...looks like set voltage using gputweak, overclock using ab or px.

First card seems meh so far...can do around 1260 core with 1.25v but heaven crashes the driver real quick at 1300 with 1.3v.

IF the temps being shown by the monitoring can be trusted (can they???), never broke 40C with 1.275v so MAYBE it has voltage/oc headroom? Those temps seem kinda unreasonable at that voltage with ek waterblocks (mcp655, the big mo-ra3, cpu>gpu and 4 quick disconnets in the line) and roughly 18C ambient. Am a bit concerned about popping a card so...are those temps possible? If the temp readings are bogus, recommendations?? Also, what kind of volts do you think I can throw through there? Even if the gpu doesn't get sky high hot, would imagine there's some voltage ceiling (or am I just making that up?)?

Another oddity...why is gpu usage showing as zero?? Is this related to the possible temp mis-read situation? Are those sensors not working properly or something? Any ideas?

OK...one more...why can't I get it running pcie3?? Arghhhh!!!

gputweak.jpg 780-gputweakmax.jpg 780-ab1392.jpg

Last edited:
Second card is a bit better...1289 @ 1.275, 1301-1828 @ 1.3. Temps were ~ 40C.

Set the sli back up...best at 1.275v was 1283-1828, first card got to 42C.

Any ideas on my issues in the prior post? what voltages to play with, pcie2 not 3, what're my temps really, why is gpu usage 0%?
tia! 780-2-1289core-1.275v.jpg 780-2-1301core-1.3v-1828.jpg 780x2-1283core-1828-1.275v.jpg

1. To extend overclocking with GPU Tweak click on "settings" icon then click on "tune" that will bring up a submenu, click on "tunesetting" then check the box for "overclocking range enhancement" hit apply. GPU Tweak isn't an AB backend.

2. In the BIOS set your cards to run in Gen 3 mode. Install this patch: http://www.techpowerup.com/168027/n...g-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-hedt-platform.html

3. Are you running the cards and CPU in the same loop?

1. To extend overclocking with GPU Tweak click on "settings" icon then click on "tune" that will bring up a submenu, click on "tunesetting" then check the box for "overclocking range enhancement" hit apply. GPU Tweak isn't an AB backend.

2. In the BIOS set your cards to run in Gen 3 mode. Install this patch: http://www.techpowerup.com/168027/n...g-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-hedt-platform.html

3. Are you running the cards and CPU in the same loop?

Awesome! Thanks again MetalRacer!!!
1) Sweet...didn't see that checkbox...will take care of that.
2) Ugh...can't believe I forgot about having to do that. It's not like I haven't been running pcie3 on 2011 for a few years now. Senior moment I guess :/
3) Yes...all in the same loop. Once I actually overclock the cpu am sure the temps will go north. That said, only running the cpu under water for setup and testing purposes. Once the 4930k shows up will be running it under cascade so it'll just be the vgas on the loop.

With what kind of voltages do you think I should be playing? Any voltage as long as the temps stay below around 95C? Was already a touch nervous going with 1.3v as am still not sure if those 38-42C temps are accurate.

Also...what about PEX_VDD and Mem voltage? Very nervous about those.

Going to go read through the ocn 780ti thread a bit...

Last edited:
Back